Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
as i have said in the match thread bony looks like he's been peter principled to me
a club to far, i hope i'm wrong but he's not showing me anything to say otherwise

Think the bigger issue is not having a 3rd striker in cl squad. It means when bony isn't firing or aguero isn't we have a lack of options that is frustrating

Think the bigger issue is not having a 3rd striker in cl squad. It means when bony isn't firing or aguero isn't we have a lack of options that is frustrating
Sterling? And when you are playing two wide men and one forward it would be a luxury selecting yet another forward

Who would that other forward be? Kelechi has not started a game yet, and I don't think he is ready to lead the line against Juventus.

Bit unfair to criticise Bony. He needs games to get his sharpness and yet at the same time we want more strikers? Bony needs to play more not less

Doesn't seem to fit our style of play at all. He's a fantastic target man and will hold up the ball but in a team that dictates play with possession and slow/patient passing, a target man who will hold up play for a counter attack is the opposite of what we need. We need a 2nd striker who is in the same mould as Aguero just obviously not quite as good...Iheanacho. Hope Pellers is realising he should've included him in the CL squad.

Looks severely devoid of confidence and his wild slash at the chance after his superb "meg" summed his time up here. I really want him to come good. Hopefully he'll grab a goal and that will set him off on a decent run and we'll see the real Wilf

The thing with Bony I think is we have him as a number 9, but he plays almost like a 9.5, and that all of his strength go towards receiving a ball up top, back to goal, then laying off to someone else, much like he's done with Toure a couple of times this season. He's alright as a striker against mid table PL teams, but just can't hack it in Europe.

Sterling? And when you are playing two wide men and one forward it would be a luxury selecting yet another forward

Who would that other forward be? Kelechi has not started a game yet, and I don't think he is ready to lead the line against Juventus.

Bit unfair to criticise Bony. He needs games to get his sharpness and yet at the same time we want more strikers? Bony needs to play more not less
Sterling isn't a cf mate. You need options in my opinion and we had none last night.

Doesn't seem to fit our style of play at all. He's a fantastic target man and will hold up the ball but in a team that dictates play with possession and slow/patient passing, a target man who will hold up play for a counter attack is the opposite of what we need. We need a 2nd striker who is in the same mould as Aguero just obviously not quite as good...Iheanacho. Hope Pellers is realising he should've included him in the CL squad.
Dybala on Juve's bench is basically Aguero-lite. Very impressed when he came on.

Bony plays damn near the opposite way to the rest of the team. I'm not sure we could buy as good a striker who fitted our team lesss.

Bony went back to Bejani mark II last night, looked out of his depth and I just hope Aguero is back soon. He reminds me in a way of Bojinov lots of people getting giddy about how good he is and then failing very badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.