Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor finishing but overall decent performance. Showed plenty of fight and character when lesser players could have been bullied off the park. Kid might be small but he's got balls the size of rocks

You could argue he's no more effective than navas.
He will allow us to stretch teams but can't finish himself, which means we have to rely on Aguero being on the pitch or runners from deep.

Something that isn't rocket science to figure out if you're an opposing manager.

He's 20 haha The same age as players like Plummer etc... who aren't even going on loan. Apart from his finishing what obviously needs improving, I thought he did well yesterday. Not great but he wasn't bad. It's astonishing the overreacting people do when a player hasn't played out of his skin. He's 20 btw. 20
Yes but he's not 17, this is his third year of experience in a first team playing regularly and we had de Bruyne on the bench. If we're using the age excuse then get him off the pitch and get someone else on who is older. He did okay last night and has done quite well so far with us, but he gives the ball away too much for my liking and can't shoot in certain situations. This is the CL, you cannot afford to have players doing that. If he's too young then don't play him or don't use his age as an excuse and accept that he did things wrong because of his ability not his age.

Yes but he's not 17, this is his third year of experience in a first team playing regularly and we had de Bruyne on the bench. If we're using the age excuse then get him off the pitch and get someone else on who is older. He did okay last night and has done quite well so far with us, but he gives the ball away too much for my liking and can't shoot in certain situations. This is the CL, you cannot afford to have players doing that. If he's too young then don't play him or don't use his age as an excuse and accept that he did things wrong because of his ability not his age.

He was one of our better players, not one of our worst & it undermined the team when he went off. If Silva & Nasri can get away with missing 90% of chances from that position, which they absolutely do, then a kid can have a couple of shots saved. No guarantee any of City's players would have scored those. Good saves & the goal attempts were not that bad.

sterling should be taken to the task by pellers and put him though 3hrs of shooting practice each day. at this rate he is going to cost us points if chances keep falling to him.
he certainly has the potential to be a good finisher now its all about hard work in practice.

We shouldn't play players in the CL who are still developing.

This means we will field four players and one of them will be Richard Wright.

It never fails to surprise me how eager posters on Blue moon are to stick the boot into any young player we have. Disgraceful really.

Might be worth trying him on the right? Too many of his chances are falling on his left foot. Granted, his right foot isn't exactly deadly, but it's better than his left.

[QU OTE="Tricky_Trev, post: 8877863, member: 13963"]Might be worth trying him on the right? Too many of his chances are falling on his left foot. Granted, his right foot isn't exactly deadly, but it's better than his left.[/QUOTE]finally someone hits the nail on the head what he is doing on the left is beyond me , it's not like he will cut in and score with his hammer of a right foot now is it ? He needs to play on the right and use his lethal pace to get to the byline and pull it back

[QU OTE="Tricky_Trev, post: 8877863, member: 13963"]Might be worth trying him on the right? Too many of his chances are falling on his left foot. Granted, his right foot isn't exactly deadly, but it's better than his left.
finally someone hits the nail on the head what he is doing on the left is beyond me , it's not like he will cut in and score with his hammer of a right foot now is it ? He needs to play on the right and use his lethal pace to get to the byline and pull it back[/QUOTE]
I can't agree with that. He's been fantastic on the left domestically and the improvement to kolorovs game has been noticable.
Last night it didn't happen for him but hopefully he'll learn and we will be better for it in the future.
That's not to say he can't switch to the right, dependant on circumstances, but for now I think he's doing a great job on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.