Dark theme/skin for forum

After moving to the new forum software I was keen to just have one consistent theme/skin for all users. We had two running concurrently on the old forum, and it was a ballache having to update both each time I made a change.

The fact that relatively few people have flagged brightness as an issue makes me think it's more likely settings on your device/monitor rather than the design that are the problem.

I'm always open to suggestions on how to improve things though, so please feel free to mention other sites/themes you like and I'll happily look at them and see if there's anything we can take from them to improve Bluemoon.

After moving to the new forum software I was keen to just have one consistent theme/skin for all users. We had two running concurrently on the old forum, and it was a ballache having to update both each time I made a change.

The fact that relatively few people have flagged brightness as an issue makes me think it's more likely settings on your device/monitor rather than the design that are the problem.

I'm always open to suggestions on how to improve things though, so please feel free to mention other sites/themes you like and I'll happily look at them and see if there's anything we can take from them to improve Bluemoon.

Fair enough, but it's definitely not monitor settings. I'll be one of the very few people browsing this forum on a dark calibrated display! Unfortunately in a dark room a bright page, even on a dim monitor, will be perceptually very bright. As you say it doesn't seem something other members are bothered by so I'll just find an add-on to invert it or similar.

If you use google chrome you can download High Contrast extension. There are a few options but the inverted looks like this.
Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

It's alright but for some reason it makes the slidebar very small and creates a lot of empty screen., not really an issue though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.