Player Topic: Nicolas Otamendi (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Otamendi will prove to be a great signing. He has combative qualities just like VK. He just needs time to settle into the team.
He was not helped by playing in a back 4 that had never played together and in front of a nervous keeper.
Liked what I saw in the first half. More of that will do nicely.

In the previous 27 pages I'm sure someone must have pointed out that Otamendi was dire, a disgrace, a liability, and cost us 4 goals, but I didn't see it.

What did I miss? Thought he looked good, strong, commanding, and (given his limited time in ANY City team, let alone one with half the team missing and a second string defence) did just fine during a poor second half. We have never defended set pieces well, especially when our keeper is flailing at thin air. There was nothing that could be done about the third goal....other than a blind linesman raising his flag for offside on the goal scorer, of course, and the fourth goal was almost indicative of the way the second half went...Cabellero crawling on his hands and knees while Demichelis tripped himself up while trying to pirouette on the goal line.

Yeah, that about covers it....so what exactly did Otamendi do again to damage us so severely in a second half where we misfired so poorly that a mediocre team whose game plan is pressure, pressure, pressure and see what might happen scored three goals against a team that for the first 540 minutes of the season gave up none?

Or, is Otamendi just one of the many City players who ALWAYS get eviscerated after City lose a game? If so, belay all previous

Ota will prove to be a very shrewd piece of business. He is a class defender who has everything he needs to be a success here. It'll take time for him to adapt but when he does he will be first choice alongside Kompany.

In the previous 27 pages I'm sure someone must have pointed out that Otamendi was dire, a disgrace, a liability, and cost us 4 goals, but I didn't see it.

What did I miss? Thought he looked good, strong, commanding, and (given his limited time in ANY City team, let alone one with half the team missing and a second string defence) did just fine during a poor second half. We have never defended set pieces well, especially when our keeper is flailing at thin air. There was nothing that could be done about the third goal....other than a blind linesman raising his flag for offside on the goal scorer, of course, and the fourth goal was almost indicative of the way the second half went...Cabellero crawling on his hands and knees while Demichelis tripped himself up while trying to pirouette on the goal line.

Yeah, that about covers it....so what exactly did Otamendi do again to damage us so severely in a second half where we misfired so poorly that a mediocre team whose game plan is pressure, pressure, pressure and see what might happen scored three goals against a team that for the first 540 minutes of the season gave up none?

Or, is Otamendi just one of the many City players who ALWAYS get eviscerated after City lose a game? If so, belay all previous
Ota will prove to be a very shrewd piece of business. He is a class defender who has everything he needs to be a success here. It'll take time for him to adapt but when he does he will be first choice alongside Kompany.

That's it. I need not say more...

Otamendi will prove to be a great signing. He has combative qualities just like VK. He just needs time to settle into the team.
He was not helped by playing in a back 4 that had never played together and in front of a nervous keeper.
Liked what I saw in the first half. More of that will do nicely.
Agree but right now we need Vinny or Mangala back pronto and put him back on bench.

Don't think he can play with demi both 2 slow need a mix of pace and experience! Or at least ditch the high line when these 2 have got to play!

Don't think he can play with demi both 2 slow need a mix of pace and experience! Or at least ditch the high line when these 2 have got to play!

Otamendi isn't slow. He might not be rapid like Mangala, but he's no slouch and has played in teams with high lines very successfully in the past.

Otamendi isn't slow. He might not be rapid like Mangala, but he's no slouch and has played in teams with high lines very successfully in the past.

Like where ? And certainly not in the Premier League.

He's shown enough so far to suggest he can do the job IF he stops giving the ball away & IF he stops recklessly charging out of position, or alternatively has some whippet like Denayer to cover his mistakes.

What he hasn't shown, is any proof that he's going to get it right this season. Which is not surprising, as new cbs usually take time to bed in. And he's clearly not a wuss, like Nastasic or a nervous neddy like Savic.

He has a lot of learning to do in a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.