Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explains those trips back to Belgium for "family reasons" during the transfer saga!

It comes down to the manager.
De Bruyne will give us penetration and decisiveness but will give the ball away more often than a Nasri.

We were hunting De Bruyne all summer, we know how he players, we knew his passing characteristics and we wanted him. The manager has to manage De Bruyne's characteristics and fit them into the team, else why bother signing a player with those characteristics?

. Of course he only has passing percentages of 75%-80%, but that's actually very good for his playing style. No top player in the world takes as much risk with his passing as KDB, so KDB will always have the lowest passing percentage of the top players.

Conversely I can't think of too many top midfielders who have consistently maintained such a low pass completion rate. Getting the the best out of KDB while making sure his mistakes don't hurt us will be a challenge, doubly so given our style of player relies so much on maintaining possession and 'defending with possession'.

For all his faults and my frustration with his slow ball movement, I feel like Nasri "understands" the style we try to implement better than any other player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.