Club Badge (merged)

we need a modern interpretation. I think it's inevitable we'll ditch the Eagle, but I think the older badge is still tacky, it needs to be updated. GeekinGav did some good variants, although he never did a version which I'd most prefer...

This is near perfect IMO.

image.jpg

I'd love a modern take of the return to the classic Rose badge. That said I do sort of think the new era that began in 2008 is kind of associated with the Eagle as bad as it is.

I think the colouring is also going to be key, the club will probably want to dictate it and then let Nike run with those colours and then say "well the fans voted for it". If we want to keep elements such as maroon, and a predominance of sky blue and white as a kit, rather than the blue and navy the club are trying to shove down our throats, then we need to push an option that includes those elements.

Ours isn't great, but have you seen Bournmouth's? It looks like a Primary school kid has done it as a joke.

From a design / branding point of view, what do you think to GeekinGav's roundel on the previous page?

I think it's not far off being perfect, it reflects our history with the roundel design, our current badge with the crest, reflects Manchester as a city with the crest, and sits perfectly alongside NYCFC and Melbourne's branding.

It often takes a designer with real flair to tweak things to make them look classic and iconic. I'd love to see your interpretation if you had the time.

@Shaelumstash Gav is on to something but he's over thinking it. Those small details he's including will never fly. whoever did the NYCFC crest should be given the job. I loved it. I cant see us going with the rose again. no red in the badge for me. And the 3 rivers diagonally doesnt sit well on the eye. Its gonna be tough to incorporate the elements required but i trust the club to get something great this time.

The badge needs to be extremely similar to these designs. (And it will be).

image.jpg

And here is a brilliant design from @only1gav

image.jpg
Something like these two for me. Not sure about the rose, maybe a modernised version would look good though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.