Why are you a City fan?

Didn't wake up and consciously choose City
As a five year old my father tried to put a number seven Scum shirt on my back
After screaming the street down he finally realized I wasn't no Georgie fan
As time went on and affections grow the love and draw of the Kippax.
A place that where heart ache and joy abounded in equal measures
Boy hood friends that still remain.
Conscious choice no I feel chosen
Thanks city

I grew up where everyone supported different teams. I had a friend who supported Bury, one Bolton and one Burnley. The common consensus was that United were wankers and there was only one rag fan in the class and he proved the point. My dad was originally a Bury fan but admired Bell so much he added City as a team to follow. My brother and me were a bit more glory-hunter-esque, so didn't bother following the Shakers.

T

Thats some journey mate, go through a few years of lows and see how you feel. Ps get your arse over to see a game, Ric has a beer fund :-)

Hey, if I ever make it to Manchester i will let you know, here in Toronto I have a mate from Manchester and he has invited me to come along for a trip, he is Rag though... i know... Bummer

I was born into a Manchester city towel on the maternity ward in St Mary's hospital, Manchester. The first thing my farther did, to the dismay of the nurses and my mother, was carry me to the window and show me Maine Road from a distance and say 'There's your home son'. At that point Manchester City would be the only team for me.

Kinkladze is the man i have to thank for following the City.

I first saw him play in 1994 when me and a few mates went to watch wales v georgia, (it was also my first ever live football match) He was sublime against the mighty Welsh ;-) I remembered his name and one day in July 1995 he signed for City and so i started keeping an eye out for the city scores, ( mostly to keep an eye out for how Kinkladze was playing if im brutally honest) but gradually the love grew for City as well and ive been hooked ever since.

My Dad is a rag but wasn't really into football and certainly never went or even watched it on tele (like a lot of them!!!). When I was little my best mate lived next door and had 3 older brothers, all the lads and their dad were City fans; they went to games, wore the gear, flew the flags. I though it was great. That was over 40 years ago. Fortunately my lads have grown up going to games, watching it on TV and there was never any danger that they would not be blue!

Pretty common story from City fans in the US who have been a fan for awhile -- oasis are my all time favorite band and I immediately was hooked back in 1994 when my brother introduced them to me. I've been using this name online for 11+ years now since I wanted an oasis reference and they'd just played A Bell Will Ring and Meaning of Soul at some warmup gigs. I'd watch a lot of soccer when I'd visit my parents (they had Fox Soccer Channel which I did not have up at college) and just decided I should have a team so I went with the natural progression back in the mid 2000s.

Was a kid in a sports shop in 1990 and they didn't have the jersey of the team I was following (Norwich) so having been impressed by a diving header I had seen fellow countryman Quinn score recently, thought that's it's - city are my team - been that way since!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.