City to be charged for booing Champions League jingle (anthem)

I'm not sure it would make more of an impact. During the anthem, the cameras pan along the line of players. Not the crowd.
I think you'd find when we play Borussia Munchengladback the cameras will be panned onto the crowd now that UEFA have made an issue out of it.

Don't worry, once you'd gone I applied my usual cocktail of ready wit and effortless charm to the situation in order to pave the way for your rehabilitation, sometime in late 2019.

Did that include you saying that it was you who called him a ****?? You were right, just a coward that allowed me to take all the shit for saying it. Wit and charm certainly went out of the window when he threatened to turn the telly over and not serve you.

As I said I wont be going back.

Anyway stop derailing the thread

We haven't actually been fined or even charged yet They're just investigating. But Samuels says that the match delegate didn't raise the issue at the post match debriefing, the implication being that he raised it (or was asked to raise it) after that meeting.

There's a number of things that can happen now. They can decide not to pursue it, which will make them look stupid and mean we can boo with impunity. They can charge us but not punish us or suspend any punishment, which will make them look stupid. Or they can fine us (or take other action), which will make them look stupid.

The notion that they HAVE to investigate because the delegate raised it is nonsense. They could simply say to the delegate "Look, we're in enough trouble as it is without making ourselves look even more ridiculous. Either take it out or, if you leave it in, we're not going to do anything." But funnily enough the German FA have been holding a press conference today to answer questions about the World Cup, Beckenbauer and the slush fund they allegedly had. That seems to have gone under the radar funnily enough.

Not for fucking long, if this is all UEFA have to offer as a smokescreen they'll be sadly disappointed.

Besides, the sponsors won't be the types to read tabloids and it won't have gone under their radar.

Did that include you saying that it was you who called him a ****?? You were right, just a coward that allowed me to take all the shit for saying it. Wit and charm certainly went out of the window when he threatened to turn the telly over and not serve you.

As I said I wont be going back.

Anyway stop derailing the thread
As it happens, I fully explained what happened, as I did at the time.

I arrived 5 minutes late at the game yesterday due to the heavy traffic congestion therefore missed the booing. I only saw this news today and couldn't quite believe it. Within 24 hours we are being charged because some fans chose to boo the CL anthem ? How can they prove the booing was deliberately aimed at the anthem ? UEFA ignore blatant racism and hand out insignificant fines to clubs whose supporters who indulge in this mindless abuse, they are corrupt from top to bottom, they punish us and PSG with fines for breaking unfair FFP rules and now this ? How fucking low will they stoop to with their attemptsto derail us. Fucking fuming over this.

Fucking match going supporters ruining the anthem. I hope uefa have the sense to clamp down on this.

we should all write boo in capital letters on a piece of a4 paper. When the music starts hold up 50,000 boo's but a silent stadium.
Then at the end of the game use the paper to light a bonfire and put an platini guy Fawkes on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.