Northampton Town

Looks grim, hope something can get sorted out in time. Had a great day when we played them in Divvy 3 in 1998
That was a good day.got tics off northamptons centre forwards dad,got pissed up...really pissed up,can,t remember much about the game, strange little ground, much preferrred their proper home/original ground ..think it was 2-2..but i do recall finding myself in the players lounge after the game and telling Shaun Goater that he was the best.

It seems the company responsible for developing the land around the ground have been wound up in court today. I think that's largely good news for the club as new companies can get involved now.

Northampton has a few more things going for it. The big skatepark (Radlands) is one of UK best, shoe museum worth a visit for section on music, and some great real ale pubs like Wig & Pen.

Chelmsford and particularly Taunton are the worst county towns.

It seems the company responsible for developing the land around the ground have been wound up in court today. I think that's largely good news for the club as new companies can get involved now.
The problem is that the company was set up by the chairman to take over from a previous company that was run by some of his business associates to oversee the building of a new stand.The first company was wound up.It remains unfinished.The end product was that a £ 10,000,000 loan from the local council to build a stand and develop the surrounding area has gone.The builders Buckingham construction were only ever paid one installment and so packed up and left.The question that remains unanswered is where is the money

The problem is that the company was set up by the chairman to take over from a previous company that was run by some of his business associates to oversee the building of a new stand.The first company was wound up.It remains unfinished.The end product was that a £ 10,000,000 loan from the local council to build a stand and develop the surrounding area has gone.The builders Buckingham construction were only ever paid one installment and so packed up and left.The question that remains unanswered is where is the money
Meanwhile, Cardoza has just bought a new Lambo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34538252

The League Two club appear to be in big trouble. The local authority have called in a 10.25m loan for incompleted work and now HMRC have issued a winding up petition against them. Their chairman claims it's all going to be sorted out but Hereford's Andy Lonsdale said the same thing.

Anyone particularly close to the area or club itself? Awful for their fans.

One of my oldest friends is a die hard, home and away, and got me a ticket in the home end when we drew 2-2 there in 1998/1999. I went up there earlier in this season as well to see them play Exeter and they looked a good side, promotion contenders beating us (Exeter) 3-0. One side of the ground was a mish mash of steel girders and fresh air, and my mate Tim said it had been that way for a couple of years. The chairman had apparently started to build a new stand, but then work suddenly ground to a halt and now it looks like the cash for it, which was borrowed from the council, has disappeared.

The club has a trust, but desperately needs help from fans of other clubs to stave off the winding up order. Tim's sent me a link if anyone's feeling generous.

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/ntfctrust

Wages aren't getting paid now! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34646154

Fans raising is admirable but it's good money after bad. HMRC do not fuck about and Hereford amongst other clubs went to the wall oweing less with the taxman as the lead petitioner. I think the figure their barrister quoted in court was £116,000.

Perhaps the ex-Oxford and Torquay man Cardoza is planning on selling to can resolve their problems but, at the present time, it doesn't sound good at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.