Club Badge (merged)

All wrong on the trivia front... Clearly will surprise many but it's just one snippet from the lectures I'm doing that fans should think about before making their decision. Open to more guesses. I'll post the answer tomorrow but, as a clue, it wasn't our current badge and was before 1986!

1969 Fa cup final? Tony Book?

Thanks for those comments. I totally agree that as many fans as possible should get to the lectures. So far there have been a large number of people coming with one view and when they leave after hearing about all the elements and badges they change their minds. It's amazing how many views have changed really which then leaves me to hope that most fans haven't had a knee jerk reaction and gone for elements based on memories of moments rather than the long term view of what matters to them.

I've been surprised, for example, at the number of people who arrive believing the red rose badge was on shirts when they were kids. Sometimes it was the original - long time - badge with the stripes, but often they're thinking about the period 1976 to 1981 when the red rose badge was not worn on shirts.

Similarly, I've heard people talking about the 'original' badge when they've meant the second (red rose) badge and vice versa.

I think everyone who has come to the talks has gained something - including me (I was given some new info on something the other day which has also changed my view a little). I would urge all fans to consider every badge, every element and if in doubt ask. I'll be more than happy to post info on here if it helps decision making. I do keep posting odd snippets on my own Facebook but, more than anything else, please engage with the process. If you want something entirely new then get those views stressed as well. We need to think about our future and where we want to be positioned and who our rivals will be. It may be that not one element from our past is appropriate, or it could be that one single element sums it all up. I'm an historian who believes that we need to understand our past to progress, develop and move forward, not one who thinks simply resurrecting something from our past is the answer.

I've really enjoyed hearing the views of everyone I've met to discuss the badge, and enjoyed reading the comments on here, but I do worry that minds could be made up based on misconceptions etc. so I would urge everyone to come to the talks, watch the videos and ask those questions.

In the meantime... A trivia question (not for those who've attended a lecture): what was the first City specific badge worn on the pitch at Wembley (not the coat of arms, a City specific badge)? I'll post the answer tomorrow. Bonus point for the name of the 1st person on the pitch wearing it.

Which badge was 76 to 81 please? Btw my preference is for the rose. Can't get to any discussion but have left my views on the city voice. Cheers.

"the obvious thing to do" ..... give me a break ...... have the date, fine, but no need to split it up like its an afterthought with nowhere else to put it on the badge..

give me 5 examples of "the many" that looks good and doesnt say, "whoops, we forgot to add it earlier, lets just plonk it in there and in there"

Blackburn and Hibs are two British examples of split dates. We're clearly not going to agree but I think it provides balance in a round badge.

All wrong on the trivia front... Clearly will surprise many but it's just one snippet from the lectures I'm doing that fans should think about before making their decision. Open to more guesses. I'll post the answer tomorrow but, as a clue, it wasn't our current badge and was before 1986!

l know if you buy a replica of the 1904 cup winning shirt it has M.C.F.C embroided on it, but I don't have a clue if it was on the original.
A question though you didn't actually say it was on a players shirt though so was it possible on a club blazer or something else?

1410817401712_wps_17_The_Manchester_City_masco.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.