Sevilla U19s v City U19s 3/11/2015

Haven't seen today's game but I will go along with the idea that Celina, Boadu, Barker and Bryan is better than Garcia, Garcia, Kongolo and Roberts based on everything i've seen of all of them, and that's a fair bit. Easily.

Nothing harsh about it. Read what I said. Celina is better than him. Boadu is better than M Garcia. Barker is better than Roberts. Bryan is better than Kongolo. I'll add Jack Byrne to that, better than all of them.

Not only that, but all those players are better at retaining possission & playing the 'City' way.

How on earth is any of that 'harsh' ? It's perfectly true.

+1 I don't know how roberts is being given first team chance ahead of barker. I am yet to see how roberts is worth 10M

Nothing harsh about it. Read what I said. Celina is better than him. Boadu is better than M Garcia. Barker is better than Roberts. Bryan is better than Kongolo. I'll add Jack Byrne to that, better than all of them.

Not only that, but all those players are better at retaining possission & playing the 'City' way.

How on earth is any of that 'harsh' ? It's perfectly true.

But what would you have said about Roberts after the Juventus game? I am sure you would have raved about him just like every other fan on this forum.

Celina and Aleix Garcia are 2 totally different players, hard to compare them. Manu Garcia with Celina is much more comparable and i did state i think Celina is better.

As for Boadu, i am sure many City fans on this forum has rarely seen anything of him as he is injured half of the time. He did look promising at under 18 level, but he does need to play more in order for us to judge what he is all about.

As for Barker and Roberts, they are both on a similar level for me, both good in their own right.

As for Bryan and Kongolo, Bryan IMO is better at CB and i feel did not look as good at CM and Kongolo is slowly being introduced to this level and so far i think he has done well. e is certainly doing well at under 18 level. Bryan is more advanced in the way that he has had more experience at this level before so again, it is difficult to compare.

As for Jack Byrne, i really enjoy watching him play, good little footballer.

Haven't seen today's game but I will go along with the idea that Celina, Boadu, Barker and Bryan is better than Garcia, Garcia, Kongolo and Roberts based on everything i've seen of all of them, and that's a fair bit. Easily.

Wasn't you raving about how Patrick Roberts is the next best thing and how he should be starting ahead of Navas in the first team?

I think its easy to say in hindsight, but stepping up from reserve level to first team level is ENORMOUS. Roberts did not even hold down a regular place in the Championship.

I personally feel the only player i am VERY confident in who will do it at City IF given the chance, is Jason Denayer. Best product we have produced through the academy in a very long time.

+1 I don't know how roberts is being given first team chance ahead of barker. I am yet to see how roberts is worth 10M

Because of what Devante Cole said. Those who cost money get the chances. How else can you explain why Manu Garcia has been used so much in the first team when he hasn't shown any quality compared to Bryan, Glendon, Byrne, Celina, Ntcham, Fofana the last two years??

Wasn't you raving about how Patrick Roberts is the next best thing and how he should be starting ahead of Navas in the first team?

I think its easy to say in hindsight, but stepping up from reserve level to first team level is ENORMOUS. Roberts did not even hold down a regular place in the Championship.

I personally feel the only player i am VERY confident in who will do it at City IF given the chance, is Jason Denayer. Best product we have produced through the academy in a very long time.

Roberts has gone backwards through a lack of game time. He's clearly, clearly rusty. I thought he should have got a go earlier on in the season, yep, but that was after his first youth game where he looked extremely confident...now he's done nowt, and he's rusty. I also think Barker is potentially even better FWIW, and if Barker was on the bench instead of Roberts i'd have been saying that too regarding Navas. I think all those players listed are really good players, i just think the other four are even better.

Ps - On the subject of Boadu, he is utter class. One of my favourite academy players. Seen him 10-15 times and each time he's been a brilliant, intelligent attacking midfielder. Goalscoring, strong, fast, very skilful. Barkley-like. When fit, he is categorically one of our best youth players. Just a shame he's been injured for about six months now!

Roberts has gone backwards through a lack of game time. He's clearly, clearly rusty. I thought he should have got a go earlier on in the season, yep, but that was after his first youth game where he looked extremely confident...now he's done nowt, and he's rusty. I also think Barker is potentially even better FWIW, and if Barker was on the bench instead of Roberts i'd have been saying that too regarding Navas. I think all those players listed are really good players, i just think the other four are even better.

I do feel that Barker has more variation to his game and i agree, Roberts has gone backwards since the Juve game, but you also said the same about Manu Garcia during pre season and now look at him, he is struggling to perform to a good level in the EDS team.

I know your a big believer in giving youth a chance and your very optimistic about the academy, but the only time we should ever give youth a chance is if they are standing out in the academy on a consistent basis, i.e. Jason Denayer who for me looked head and shoulders above anything i have seen in the past decade or so. Any of the other players would not get a look in right now for me, possibly only Pablo Maffeo as he is quite a consistent player and seeing as we have had injuries in that position throughout the past year.

I am not counting Iheanacho within that bracket and i now class him as a first team player.

Ps - On the subject of Boadu, he is utter class. One of my favourite academy players. Seen him 10-15 times and each time he's been a brilliant, intelligent attacking midfielder. Goalscoring, strong, fast, very skilful. Barkley-like. When fit, he is categorically one of our best youth players. Just a shame he's been injured for about six months now!

Yeah, always looked a proper talent, but that is the problem, too many injuries. He has rarely played on the Uefa stage because of it.

I would really like to see Jack Byrne develop into a fine young player and one day make it at City as every time i saw him last season, he majorly impressed. He was always one of them players who went unnoticed by most of our fans, but he looked a proper tidy little player, good range of passing. Did his job very effectively and quietly as well, my type of player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.