Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale week

Bad thing about B&M is the same with Amazon that being your store guarantee is only for 30 days, that's including if the item becomes faulty.
Meaning you'll have to go through LG themselves for repairs and they'll charge you about £100+ depending on parts the robbing bastards!

Utter bollocks.
The law is the law and B&M have to apply consumer law as every other shop.
The contract is with B&M for a year.
I bought a Hoover vac that went faulty off them after a couple of months. They tried it on with the send it back to Hoover line. I just asked for the manager, pointed out the Sale of Goods Act to him and got an immediate refund.

Utter bollocks.
The law is the law and B&M have to apply consumer law as every other shop.
The contract is with B&M for a year.

Conditions apply to some products:

Refunds and exchanges cannot be given against Audio/DVD and Computer Games. Should one of these products prove to be faulty it can be returned with your receipt within 30 days and we will exchange it for one of the same title.

I think TV's fall under Audio and DVD sections? I know in some electronics stores they do, or some call it Audio and TV.

You would be surprised how many companies escape the who "1 year guarantee" lark. If your item is working after 30 day's of purchase then the seller can argue that any fault is to do from your own doing and put it under accidental damage!
I've known places to do this and this is why I purchase from John Lewis as they actually give you 3 years guarantee (you can even pay £30 for some items for 5 year guarantee), you do pay more but after some run ins I've had especially with Amazon I actually end up saving buying from high market places like John Lewis.

shirtless-man-friday-400x300.jpg

I think TV's fall under Audio and DVD sections? I know in some electronics stores they do, or some call it Audio and TV.

You would be surprised how many companies escape the who "1 year guarantee" lark. If your item is working after 30 day's of purchase then the seller can argue that any fault is to do from your own doing and put it under accidental damage!
I've known places to do this and this is why I purchase from John Lewis as they actually give you 3 years guarantee (you can even pay £30 for some items for 5 year guarantee), you do pay more but after some run ins I've had especially with Amazon I actually end up saving buying from high market places like John Lewis.

TVs do not.
You and they do not know consumer law.
Your paragraph about companies is nonsense. The only people who get conned by that are those who do not know the law.

Here's a good read
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...mer-rights-are-changing-what-you-need-to-know

Last edited:
As far as TV's go I don't really need a new one, I have a 40" Samsung Smart LED TV! My upgrade will be a 4k OLED TV when mine eventually packs in, so by then those TV's will be dirt cheap!

Git a banging Black Friday deal. Had to elbow some grannies out of the way and pissed on a few homeless but I got it.

Bought a length of old rope and only paid £550 for out. The man said it had been sold in their McMurdo Sound store at £1000 up to last week. Sounded right to me

Just did some food shopping, some bargains on PS4 games in Tesco.

Battlefield Hardline £15
Cod Advanced warfare £12
Wolfenstine Old Blood £8
Far Cry 4 £15
GTA V £25
Witcher III £22

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.