Chinese Consortium invests $400m in CFG

There was a handful of google news stories on this yesterday morning: there are now over 500.
Jack's just planted that bean. Time to watch it grow over the next few months/years.

There was a handful of google news stories on this yesterday morning: there are now over 500.
Jack's just planted that bean. Time to watch it grow over the next few months/years.
This is what I think is the best bit, the football world is slowly realising just how big the deal is, and City just dropped it on a Tuesday morning without any warning. I wonder how its being reported in China itself ?

Theres more post on here abt what red café and the rags think, they really are an irrelevance to us now.

Well said bud.

Whilst the posters on RagCaf state there are no City fans in China because they don't see people wearing shirts"

Completely laughable.
I walk around Manchester City Centre most days and I rarely see anyone wearing any club shirts (excluding match days)

I haven't bought a shirt in donkeys years, I only wear them in the gym... So if i was walking around Beijing right now I'm not a city fan? haha....

Weibo/Twitter followers can be bought as well... it's irrelevant to us genuine matchgoing blues.

But I'll say this - in recent years some of the biggest football match TV audience figures for the Asian continent has included Manchester City... with near 1bil. people watching a match and actually seeing City win the match.

Sure they may of not been a fan of City, but watching us how we play, and how we achieve results... They may be thinking over in Asia: Hmm... maybe I will become a City fan.

I'm not really sure what relevance our amount of fans we currently have in China has to us brokering a deal that will see us become hugely marketed in China? It seems like when people were mentioning that we've not had many young player come through the academy when we built the new one, to suggest it was a waste of money. The obvious response would surely be "duh, that's why we're spending hundreds of millions to improve these things". If we already had a perfect academy producing tons of great young players, or already were the team of choice in China, then surely all this would be a complete waste of time?

How would you feel long term if this led to possibly Premier League/FA matches being exported?

So we'd play our potential league cup semi/final in Beijing?

We watch every round, going to the stadiums in our country, then the club have some agreement which states they play a match in Shangai.

Would cost us shitloads to fly over there :/

Would you still support City if they even moved this club abroad?
The day this club no longer includes Manchester the day I'm out of here.

How would you feel long term if this led to possibly Premier League/FA matches being exported?

We watch every round, going to the stadiums in our country, then the club have some agreement which states they play a match in Shangai.

Agreed, but I don't think that's at all likely. The club have shown they have the fans in their thoughts with the badge consultation and likely return to a version based on one of the historic designs.

The earthquake that shook football on 1st September 2008 was so big, so huge, so all encompassing, that it was simply too huge to be measured by any traditional yardstick.

What everybody initially believed - including let's be honest most if not all City fans - was that we had 'simply' been bought by a very very rich man, who would no doubt use some of his enormous fortune to take the club to previously unimaginable heights of excellence on the pitch, and maybe if we were very lucky, to invest in the clubs infrastructure along the way.

The old elites and their fans scoffed and moaned in equal measure but their underlying belief was, until perhaps even today, "we've seen off this sort of thing before. Blackburn, Chelsea, Dortmund, Forest, Villa. We've been the dominant forces in English and European football for generations. Sure this lot might win a title or two. A few cups even, and you never know, they might even do well in Europe given time, but then, eventually, order will restore itself and they will sink back into the abyss. Sure as eggs is eggs"

They scoffed at the CFA ("not yet produced a regular first teamer" / "FFP dodge"). They really really believed that FFP had sorted these upstarts out. "Show me a sponsor who isn't an Arab" they screamed with not even an attempt to disguise there xenophobia, "that's the measure of a big club" they laughed.

And then they, and us, woke up this morning and saw the football landscape for what it truly is. And what it will continue to be for years, even generations, to come.

Ours.

We dont have an owner who wants the best team. We don't have an owner who wants the best club. We have an owner who wants (and will most definitely get) to completely change the face of the game and how it is run as well as the best team and club.

Today was one more step on that journey and to all those who laughed, and scorned, and ignored, and cheated in order to preserve their bent, immoral, corrupt hold on the game....

This is just the beginning. There is more to come. Your time is over.

Talk about jumping the gun!

Just like china, there are no city fans in Wales either because i dont see anybody in City shirts walking the streets.................

my son plays for our local under 10's team and i would say approx 75% of them wear city shirts/training tops or have a city boots bag or hoodie etc etc.... so whilst we are still "little city" to the outside world, i know that there are many many youngsters who are now following city, which is completely the opposite to when i was a 10 year old when i only saw united, liverpool, spurs and the odd everton shirt.

i really cant wait to see where we will be at in another 30 years!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.