Overcrowding on trams from Etihad

I think there had been some points problem earlier on the metro but not sure. While the odd staff member is good it sometimes seems the first and most important questions to get one of these jobs is ''Do you hate the general public?'' And ''Can you create chaos where there is order?'' If yes the job is yours lol!

Thing is mate I would be stewarding their on a Saturday..then heading to a night job in town with maybe an hour or hour and half to get a bite to eat and sit down. There'd be maybe 50 young workers around the 16,17 year old age group having gone to the etihad for maybe 4 or 5 hours work at £6 per hour. They pay their bus fare, buy a sarnie and drink and are then expected to stand in the cold for 2 hours waiting for a crap transport service. No wonder the fans complain about crap service at the stadium by showsec or the bars because people leave these jobs as its not worth these crap conditions. People who are paid big money to sort out transport logistics aren't doing their job. I don't like swaering but its FUCKING DISGRACEFUL.

I concur they are transient jobs mainly for youngsters so the terms and conditions rarely improve.Having worked with the public too i know how challenging it can be.The people making the real money behind the scenes never get it in the neck it is always the poorly paid front line staff,but unfortunately it comes with the territory. I try not to vent at theses staff but when i see blatant stupidity and disregard for their job and customers i occasionally have to.

The Metrolink is not up to scratch and is a poor public transport system compared to its European counterparts.

The service was bad enough before the stadium expansion, it has now got worse. If we expand the stadium any more how will they cope?

The announcements are at best wrong but probably downright lies, for the Southampton match we were told the next tram to Manchester would arrive in 4 minutes. The next announcement 5 minutes later and without any tram having arrived said it would be along in 3 minutes.

As others have said you can have 2 or 3 trams going to one destination before an alternative destination gets a go, why?

On top of this they have essential engineering work on match days that usually screw up those fans coming from Altrincham, why don't they just get things right in the first place?

Any small incident seems to have a huge knock on effect, points failure, signalling problems etc.

I have sent them numerous e-mails but frankly they don't really care do they?

I know it is not up to the Club but I wish they could use their influence and put a rocket up the backside of those responsible.

The whole City is grinding to a halt because of the incompetent loons at the Town Hall and TfGM.

The main one is this St Peter's square fiasco. The amount of time,money and disruption caused to 'upgrade' this stop for what?? I just don't get it.All anyone wants to do is to get from A to B as quickly and safely as possible,comfort being a bonus.I can't wait to see what over two years of hell while this stop is completed turns out like!

The main one is this St Peter's square fiasco. The amount of time,money and disruption caused to 'upgrade' this stop for what?? I just don't get it.All anyone wants to do is to get from A to B as quickly and safely as possible,comfort being a bonus.I can't wait to see what over two years of hell while this stop is completed turns out like!
Unfortunately - two of our own, Leese and Bernstein are all about their own legacy now. Sensible, logical projects don't interest them.

Got told by somebody who works for metrolink to complain to mcfc,
as they are more likely to get things done

Unfortunately - two of our own, Leese and Bernstein are all about their own legacy now. Sensible, logical projects don't interest them.

It amazes me how these people are allowed to go off on a tangent with shit ideas,causing disruption and inconvenience to thousands of people for ages without someone just shouting ''NO!!!!!!''

The transport to and from the stadium needs a total rethink, ie instead of all the special/match buses running to and from town, why not run a shuttle to Stockport Rd past Ashbury and Belle Vue stations, and another up to Oldham Rd, maybe Central Park Metro station. Not everybody needs too past through the city centre to get home. the buses and trams should work together ie one ticket covers all transport, Also TfGM should be pushing the bus companies, to bring back "Match buses" like in the days of GMT .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.