Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a heartbeat. After the Sevilla game away, I was up for giving Manuel a second chance but it is ridiculously apparent he has no idea tactically. The arrogance to think we can do the same thing every week and walk it is unforgivable. Every week we show up with no clear plan or tactic. We don't know whether we press or we stay tight and compact; we do neither. Every week we play a high line regardless of who we have in our defence or who we're up against. It borders on unbelievable. This guy is fortunate enough to be in charge of the most promising team in the world and he is adding nothing to the mix.

People will think that because we are top and because we are through in both the CL and LC that we're a good outfit. We are there based on the ability of our players alone. We are there in spite of Pellegrini.

Look at Spurs and the Dippers, they have average teams but are achieving through tactics and work rate. Having a tactical plan makes you a better team, so why, why, why don't we do it? Because we're a big club? Because we play shit teams? It's bollocks. Look at Barca and Bayern, they press and they make themselves dominant in every single game regardless of who they play. They work because they know that, on top of their ability, it makes them one of the very best.

If we had a Klopp, a Guardiola, we would be an amazing team. We have all the players here. They just need some direction, and at the minute we're wasting the likes of Silva and Aguero because of it.

I fear that if we win the league, ultimately through the poor amount of competition, that it papers over the huge cracks we have in our set up. Guardiola is the man and he needs to be here next season. I don't care how we do it, we just need to get him here. Only then do I see us walking this league and doing something in the Champions League.

If we could get our best players fit for a decent spell of time, the world might look a lot different, but no sign of that happening so the system has to adapt.
We definitely have to adapt. I said in the prematch thread I'd have sacrificed sterling today(ironically he was one of our better players) and had Delph in with the two ferns. I'd also have played Clichy. It was obvious Stoke we're going to exploit our weaknesses. Any manager worth their salt should know how to set up against us when we go with a midfield two.

I would sack him tonight. He is fuckin clueless. Why are we never motivated for these games. Dead man walking

I would sack pellers if we were at chelsea's position, or far behind top 4 but we are not, sacking in mid season is hardly a good idea especially when you dont have a replacement lined up and in our case we just dont need a replacement we need a quality replacement which so far it seems might be pep, some of the players also take a hard look at themselves and they shouldn't be getting bossed by the likes of stoke,
in our best interest it would be wise if we keep him and back him fully and then decide at the end of the season

On a lighter note does anyone else think sparky is looking more and more like pellers with each passing day?

It could be a luke/vader situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.