If Pellegrini was a city player, who would he be?

Ali Dia............a fraud

In November 1996, Ali Dia famously convinced then-manager of Southampton, Graeme Souness, that he was the cousin of FIFA World Player of the Year and Ballon d'Or winner George Weah, which led to him signing a one-month contract with Southampton just days later. Dia played only one match in his short spell at the club before being released 14 days into his contract.

In the words of att Le Tissier....His performance after coming on as a substitute was almost comical. He kind of took my place, but he didn't really have a position. He was just wondering everywhere. I don't think he realised what position he was supposed to be in. I don't even know if he spoke English - I don't think I ever said a word to him. In the end he got himself subbed because he was that bad.

Love some of these names! Today's player would surely be Kolarov. Yesteryear would be someone like Kit Symonds- nice chap but not much else

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.