Two faced city fans

The club need to sort this out and have plans in place for games where there is a large away following. We will see more of this in the future especially if we extend the North Stand.

I've been a member on a Mgb forum as we watched a game there last season. It was obvious that there was a huge demand for tickets for tonight's game from their fans. The club should really have just given them a larger allocation, which would have sorted these problems out. In Germany, the away fans are put next to the family stand, not near the clubs most lively fans. Unfortunately the Germans (wrongly) assumed that was the case here. I did point out that it might not be a great idea to celebrate too wildly in the South Stand.

I bought two tickets for Mgb fans to sit with us at the back of 102. Before the game, I mentioned it to the people around us and the stewards that they were German, but also our guests and our friends. To be fair it was pretty evident that a lot of people in the vicinity were Germans anyway. They cheered when they scored, but generally were pretty respectful.

Let's face it, assuming there's no provocation we should be able to sit next to fans from another team without resorting to scrapping. It was only a few weeks ago that English and French fans stood together at Wembley after the Paris atrocities. Imagine the reaction if some knucklehead would have assaulted French fans for celebrating a goal. Although I'm sure some people on here would try and mitigate it by saying football is a tribal thing.

Unfortunately segregation at football matches is vital, we've seen it now for over 40 years.
It's football not cricket or rugby......unfortunately.

Seriously considering sacking it after tonight, there were more germans in 93.20 than there were City fans. When it kicked off it would have been easier to move the City fans as there were less of us. the club needs to sort this out as it was similar but not quite as bad against Juventus

I heard it was a bit lively in 209 tonight!

I've been a member on a Mgb forum as we watched a game there last season. It was obvious that there was a huge demand for tickets for tonight's game from their fans. The club should really have just given them a larger allocation, which would have sorted these problems out. In Germany, the away fans are put next to the family stand, not near the clubs most lively fans. Unfortunately the Germans (wrongly) assumed that was the case here. I did point out that it might not be a great idea to celebrate too wildly in the South Stand.

I bought two tickets for Mgb fans to sit with us at the back of 102. Before the game, I mentioned it to the people around us and the stewards that they were German, but also our guests and our friends. To be fair it was pretty evident that a lot of people in the vicinity were Germans anyway. They cheered when they scored, but generally were pretty respectful.

Let's face it, assuming there's no provocation we should be able to sit next to fans from another team without resorting to scrapping. It was only a few weeks ago that English and French fans stood together at Wembley after the Paris atrocities. Imagine the reaction if some knucklehead would have assaulted French fans for celebrating a goal. Although I'm sure some people on here would try and mitigate it by saying football is a tribal thing.

I could not foresee any problems at City, in any stand, if away fans acted respectfully and without provocation. Except maybe a United game. A lot of Germans tonight were both disrespectful and provocative. Not a problem, they got it back. Great night, great win CTID

Boosted our attendance the Gladbach fans .

Although i do think we should give European teams a bigger allocation .
If they bring the support .

Last edited:
I'd like to have my say on this. I stand in 115 and have done all season after a forced move from level 2. Was in my seat about 15 mins before kick off and me and the lads I go with all spotted the german following in 114/115. Before kick off each of us had separate conversations with stewards pointing them out and saying how they were Borussia fans and should be dealt with before hand. The stewards replied with "we are monitoring the situation and have cameras on them". 5 minutes before the match all the german fans were chanting away with their fellow supporters in the away end, and it continued into the match, and trust me, they were giving as much shit as they were taking, all the usual banter. The barriers between home and away fans were put there for a reason, to SEPARATE them. The anger in 115 was generally not towards the fans who had got tickets in the home end, but the club, the stewards, and the police, who let it happen. When the equaliser went in, the Borussia fans in 115 were goading the blues, and a fair few blues snapped and took action (handbags to be fair), a situation that should have never been allowed by the club. If you go to another teams ground and buy tickets in the home end then fair play, but you keep your mouth shut. How many of you would go in the Stretford End and cheer when the away team scores and expect to get away with it? I can guarantee very few. Many of us pointed out the situation to the stewards and police and no action was taken, they were given the chance to fix the threat, and they chose to do nothing, not even a segregation until after it had kicked off when it was too late. And to top it off, despite the away fans being pointed out from before the kick off, it was the city fans who were being warned by stewards to back off and keep quiet. The club should be looked at in my opinion as to how these away fans got such a large group of tickets in such a close environment in the home end. And it's not a new issue.

I could not foresee any problems at City, in any stand, if away fans acted respectfully and without provocation. Except maybe a United game. A lot of Germans tonight were both disrespectful and provocative. Not a problem, they got it back. Great night, great win CTID

I can only speak of the German fans who were sat near me. Didn't see anyone disrespectful or provocative. Unless you consider them cheering for their team to be in that category?

I've watched City at Schalke, Hamburg, Dortmund, Munich x 3 & Mgb. At most of those grounds (and in others across Europe) I've seen City fans being provocative and being disrespectful. Never saw them filled in though. Maybe these people are more tolerant than our fans.

Not hurt in the slightest I'll lose no sleep whatsoever on your opinion . If you want to believe i wasn't there and made the whole thing up then fair enough. In only hope my lucky guesses can pay off on the lottery too!

Ok. Good luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.