Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply no good and like the sympathisers in this thread I thought he'd improve over time. He hasn't and he won't. Get rid.

It was once suggested that Micah could gradually learn to be more measured and read the game better, and eventually become a top centreback, but he's 27 now with 10 years at the top level behind him and still just as chaotic to the detriment of Villa's relegation battle; Mangala is the same kind of player unfortunately. Their supreme physicality allows them to produce the odd spectacular performance, but ultimately they're too intellectually flawed (in a football sense) to ever be dependable.

Then you are a fool. We've lost 3 of the 4 games in which Demichelis has started this season, letting in 11 goals. That's relegation stuff. Every game he's played has been an absolute trainwreck

think you might be the fool then if you think mangala as been any good, Demichelis as proved to be an half decent defender and anyone that knows just a little bit about football knows you need to have a little run of games with your other centre half to get an understanding going which he hasn't,but mangala as

There is a player in him. If he can ever show it in the prem or maybe just with us is still obviously in the air.
Against Watford he did seem to be part of our spark at the end. He made an interception and brought it right up making a pass that cut nearly all their players out.
It seemed to gee us up a bit along with the subs. Of course that does not atone for his defensive wobbles.

He is frustrating at the moment to an extent but i am willing to give him more time.
I can understand why others would not though, i can see that reasoning.

There is a player in him. If he can ever show it in the prem or maybe just with us is still obviously in the air.
Against Watford he did seem to be part of our spark at the end. He made an interception and brought it right up making a pass that cut nearly all their players out.
It seemed to gee us up a bit along with the subs. Of course that does not atone for his defensive wobbles.

He is frustrating at the moment to an extent but i am willing to give him more time.
I can understand why others would not though, i can see that reasoning.

To a large extent I think it depends on what other centre backs are available in January, and just how bad Kompany's injury situation is.

If the expectation is that Kompany can still play a significant role in the rest of the season, I think the club will muddle through until summer. Mangala will get an extended run and be able to prove himself one way or the other.

If the club decide that Kompany's chronic calf problem makes him too big a risk, I don't think they'll want to rely on Mangala, Kompany and Otamendi for the rest of the season. Not when we're there's so much up for grabs. If a top class, experienced centre back became available I expect we would recruit. And if we bring someone in they'll take Mangala's place. If he drops out of the first team now I don't see there's much of a way back for him. his confidence would be shot, it would be proof that the club lacked faith in him.

Simply no good and like the sympathisers in this thread I thought he'd improve over time. He hasn't and he won't. Get rid.
Some people on this thread would have you believe hes been our best defender

Last edited:
Positionally awful but that could be down or certainly not helped by Pelli's insistence to play the highline with fullbacks pushing on which leaves the Centre Halfs exposed (not helped by an ambling Yaya).

Ball in the air, if he makes contact he's normally OK but has problems judging the bounce.

Ball on the ground, he scares the shit out of me every time it's near him, poor in the tackle and inconsistent at the very

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.