--------------- aguero
-- isco ---------------------silva
---------- KDB ---- yaya
-------------- ferna

--------------- bony/nacho
----- sterling -------------- navas/sane
------------- nasri -- delph
---------------- nando

this is how i look to solve our creativity problem. if we do sign Isco, he have similar style like Merlin. they both can always drift inside, but only works if we have both Zabaleta and Kolarov as fullback to attack from wide position.

KDB will be more effective when play in the middle. just look how he bring Belgium on his shoulder. he always looking to play quick with through pass and can shoot from distance. but he will be ineffective if Bony playing upfront. better get Nacho playing, pacy striker who can open up and play into spaces.

Last edited:
Sterling, Silva, De Bruyne and Aguero, on paper there isnt a better front four in the premier league and you would struggle to find better in the world excluded Bayern, Barca and Madrid. So why isnt it quite clicking? Is it because they just need a run of games together due to aguero and silvas injuries?

Im hoping these four start blowing teams away, but will they? There are even threads on how de bruyne and silva cant play together, surely thats nonsense.

Would a line up like this work?

.......Strerling........Aguero
Silva...............................De Bruyne

This is opposed to our current formation whereby aguero is up top basically alone.

I would say Arsenals front 4 when everyone is fit is more effective and slightly better than City's.

Four starts:
Borussia away W 2-1
Newcastle home W 6-1
Leicester away D 0-0
Watford home W 2-1

7 goals from Sergio out of the 10 we scored.

Borussia and Watford games were won late on after Navas had replaced one of the 4. Newcastle result was mainly due to massive improvement in 2nd half when again Navas replaced one of the 4. See a pattern developing?

I would say Arsenals front 4 when everyone is fit is more effective and slightly better than City's.

Presumably, you mean Ozil, Sanchez, Walcott and Giroud?

Hard to compare it to the embarrassingly named 'fantastic four' as two of those four have only been at the club a few months, and the other two have been injured for most of the season.

I imagine next season would be a better time to judge, although I do agree that Arsenals front four is as good when fully fit.

Giroud v Aguero
Sanchez v DeBruyne
Ozil v Silva
Walcott v Sterling

Aguero is better than Giroud. Walcott is a better finisher than Sterling but Sterling is more skilful. Hard to split Sanchez and DeBruyne and I would say on his day Silva is better than Ozil. Overall I'd say we shade it.

Edit: Thinking about it, Sanchez is more comparable to Silva and Ozil to DeBruyne. I think DeBruyne is better than Ozil.

Last edited:
I wouldnt even say Giroud makes our strting 11 when everybody is fit.t
Ramsey Ozil Sanchez
Walcotts

This front 4 tore apart United and Bayern Munich
Im not saying all those players are better than their City counterparts but as a unit we are certainly more effective and dynamic. I actually believe De Bruynes introduction has scuppered your offensive potential and cohesiveness. Sterling just isnt of the level of any of those players in both teams forward lines. Without a doubt he's added a new dimension to your team but for City to get nearer the next level you need a productive world class wing forward that will revolutionize your attack.

I wouldnt even say Giroud makes our strting 11 when everybody is fit.t
Ramsey Ozil Sanchez
Walcotts

This front 4 tore apart United and Bayern Munich
Im not saying all those players are better than their City counterparts but as a unit we are certainly more effective and dynamic. I actually believe De Bruynes introduction has scuppered your offensive potential and cohesiveness. Sterling just isnt of the level of any of those players in both teams forward lines. Without a doubt he's added a new dimension to your team but for City to get nearer the next level you need a productive world class wing forward that will revolutionize your attack.

Without going into the relative merits of whose players are individually better (I'd have 2 from each side), I'd say that your 4 are better as a unit at present than ours but they have had quite a while playing and training together whilst ours haven't had many minutes together yet. 2 are recent signings (KDB not even having a pre-season with us) and Silva and Aguero are just getting back from injury. It will be interesting to see how they compare after our 4 have had a bit more time together.

Without going into the relative merits of whose players are individually better (I'd have 2 from each side), I'd say that your 4 are better as a unit at present than ours but they have had quite a while playing and training together whilst ours haven't had many minutes together yet. 2 are recent signings (KDB not even having a pre-season with us) and Silva and Aguero are just getting back from injury. It will be interesting to see how they compare after our 4 have had a bit more time together.

Yer good points

I know he's played on the left all season but is there a reason we don't move Sterling back to the right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.