Bony (Season long loan at Stoke - Official)

Has there been any links at all? Or is this just a bullshit rumour invented as an excuse for 10 pages of slagging off one of our own players?

I've thought for a couple of years that Defoe would have been an ideal stand in for Aguero. English, scores with either foot and wouldn't expect to start ahead of Serg. I doubt he'd have cost much either.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/manchester-...njury-rules-man-city-striker-out-of-semifinal - Coincidence?

MANCHESTER -- Wilfried Bony is set to miss Manchester City's Capital One Cup semifinal first leg against Everton on Wednesday.

Bony has a calf injury, but should be fit to return when City visit Norwich in the FA Cup on Saturday.

Manager Manuel Pellegrini said he is confident Sergio Aguero, who has played three games since returning from a heel injury, is now able to cope with a heavy workload.

"Bony has a kick in his calf so maybe he is not fit for tomorrow [Wednesday]," Pellegrini said in a news conference. "But I think in two days more he will be OK.

"I think Sergio is play able to three games in a week with no problem at this moment. His last injury was just a pain in his heel, it was not a muscle injury. Maybe he will not play all the game but if you ask me if he is fit, yes he is fit. The best way for him to recover his best performance is playing games."

City's only other absentees at Goodison Park on Wednesday are Vincent Kompany, who could be out for another three weeks with a calf problem, and Samir Nasri, who has had surgery on a hamstring injury.

The club have only kept one clean sheet this season in Kompany's absence and Eliaquim Mangala has come in for some criticism since his £42 million move from Porto in 2014.

The France international was substituted when City were losing 1-0 at Watford on Saturday, with midfielder Fernandinho used in defence during their comeback.

But Pellegrini voiced his confidence in Mangala, Nicolas Otamendi and Martin Demichelis, his three fit centre-backs, as he again said City are very unlikely to sign or sell in the January transfer window.

"Some games maybe you are disappointed, but if you ask me about the whole season, and the last season, from Demichelis and Mangala, yes I am very happy," he said.

"I trust in both of them. Otamendi is a very important player now in our team, we bought him at the beginning of the year, and I think with those three centre-backs, with Vincent and Bacary [Sagna] who can play in that position, we don't need another. I trust absolutely in all of them.

"I think we have the correct squad. Probably nobody will come and probably nobody will go."

The so called transfer expert on talkshite mentioned how bony was getting agitated by his lack of game time

A guy at work today said he'd been told bony was off as he'd had a bit of a bust up over game time etc and asked if I'd heard anything. He's an evertonian so not sure why he'd know anything but I'll post it anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.