Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delighted for him that he scored, finally! But have to question what he was doing when Barry put that cross in, why was he so far out of position?

If I remember it was because he was doing his job and tracking the full-buck. Barry is a central midfielder, lest we forget, and I think closest one to him was a strolling Merlin. Don't think anyone can blame Navas for this.

If I remember it was because he was doing his job and tracking the full-buck. Barry is a central midfielder, lest we forget, and I think closest one to him was a strolling Merlin. Don't think anyone can blame Navas for this.

Have a look again mate, he's tracking absolutely nobody.

He is the most one dimensional player the world has ever seen. He can't even pass a ball with outside of his foot. And stop looking at stats. I could do what he does - run and cross the ball anywhere. Please don't mention the goal. Just give Roberts a chance.

Absolute rubbish, Bains Hartley got a look in as soon as Navas arrived on the pitch, scored the goal and should have had a pen

We all know he isn't the most talented but a.couple of thing appear to have happened too often this season to be coincidental. He gives us stucture by not habitually coming back inside, he works hard and helps the full back out, opposition full back appear very wary of his pace on the break and don't seem to want to venture forward knowing they risk being simply out ran. Like him or loathe him at present we are a better team with him than without. If he has found his scoring touch then it's a no brained.

We all know he isn't the most talented but a.couple of thing appear to have happened too often this season to be coincidental. He gives us stucture by not habitually coming back inside, he works hard and helps the full back out, opposition full back appear very wary of his pace on the break and don't seem to want to venture forward knowing they risk being simply out ran. Like him or loathe him at present we are a better team with him than without. If he has found his scoring touch then it's a no brained.
That's one mighty massive IF one goal in 66 games. The guy is good but nowhere near good enough for this team, even with them playing as badly as they are. The sad thing is we all know MP ain't going to sell him this month...

Plus pace, work rate and one of the best at keeping possession.

it's not just about playing your best 11 players in but finding out which 11 play best as a team. I'd always have Navas in.
Why? He cannot cross, beat a man or pass. Just because he has pace and is committed and a bit of a football brain to provide balance doesn't qualify him to start ahead of players like KDB, Sterling, Silva, Fernandinho, Fernando, Delph, Nasri and even Yaya on current form.

In spite of his well documented short comings, he's doing a decent job this season. I still wouldn't have him as an automatic starter as i'm happy with how we're using him. He seems to be getting a decent number of minutes even as a non-starter and is bringing something a bit different to games when needed.

Why? He cannot cross, beat a man or pass. Just because he has pace and is committed and a bit of a football brain to provide balance doesn't qualify him to start ahead of players like KDB, Sterling, Silva, Fernandinho, Fernando, Delph, Nasri and even Yaya on current form.

Surely fucking everyone can see that we play better when he's on the pitch? I mean we can all see that in games, we can see the results, we've seen 4 or 5 games turn around because he's come on the pitch and suddenly everyone plays better.

So who gives a fuck if his crosses are dodgy, he doesn't take people on 1 on 1? We are better with him on the pitch and thats the only qualification he needs to start ahead of those players.

Surely fucking everyone can see that we play better when he's on the pitch? I mean we can all see that in games, we can see the results, we've seen 4 or 5 games turn around because he's come on the pitch and suddenly everyone plays better.

So who gives a fuck if his crosses are dodgy, he doesn't take people on 1 on 1? We are better with him on the pitch and thats the only qualification he needs to start ahead of those players.
I don't think we are better with him on the pitch. He certainly does not contribute where it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.