Proxies/dns

No. If you're getting the service for free then you'll be getting used for something by someone.

Cheers mate. I was actually looking at this stuff today and that's the impression that I got. Are there other reasons to use one that might make it worth while to someone like me?

This a million times over.

Get a VPN. Don't be cheap about it.
As I am a total novice regarding this can I ask what could be a very stupid question.
In my business we have open Wi-fi ( ie we give out the password) that our customers use and I now realize that I may be vulnerable whilst connected to these networks.
If I get a VPN for my own devices would this protect me from my customers on my wi-fi?

Is there any such thing as a decent, free VPN? I would only need one for listening to a match on BBC radio Manchester, and it's extremely rare that I would not be able to get the match on tv.

Try ZenMate free version https://zenmate.com/free-vpn/ if you want to use it form a Pc/Mac. I use it occasionally for watching USA-restricted videos in the UK and have not had any problems.

If I want a VPN to use with iPhone/iPad while abroad on holiday, I buy a week or month pass from Cloak https://www.getcloak.com/plans-pricing/

No. If you're getting the service for free then you'll be getting used for something by someone.

I've used both, and have to say from my experiences (and I've not compared mine with anyone else's) you get what you pay for.. I use a paid service that's usually pretty reliable & gets me where I need to be, like when I'm in countries that censor/block access, and/or I'm needing to look like I'm somewhere I'm not. You can usually find a 'free' service, but the speed, connectivity and reliability aren't going to be as good as something you pay for, and I've tried quite a few of them over the years, with the results above.

I pay for yearly subs to Private Internet access. It was the first I found recommended that let me still have my full 150mb connection, as a few others I trialled before were only giving me <100.

TCIB: Is Nord good in this regard? Not that I've any reason to switch but always nice to have options.

I got Nord the other week in an xmas deal. just over £23 for a full year. Can be used on multiple devices and also you can do it through the router if your are a geek or TCIB helps lol.

I got it for netflix but they have cranked down and i cant watch the yank version which is a bummer.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Can this be used on multiple devices?

Yes, you can check their FAQ to see setup instructions across multiple platforms. I think they support 6 devices per account.

As I am a total novice regarding this can I ask what could be a very stupid question.
In my business we have open Wi-fi ( ie we give out the password) that our customers use and I now realize that I may be vulnerable whilst connected to these networks.
If I get a VPN for my own devices would this protect me from my customers on my wi-fi?

Yes, it will encrypt your connection

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.