Proxies/dns

Netflix announced this week that they are going to be blocking VPN/proxys due to copyright laws.

They can't actually block VPNs, only proxies.

VPNs don't advertise themselves in the same way to the website they're connecting to.

They can't actually block VPNs, only proxies.

VPNs don't advertise themselves in the same way to the website they're connecting to.

Confirmed that through nord vpn you can still access Netflix US.

I've never used Nord. I use Astril and really like it. Pretty much all the bells and whistles. Servers are good, various servers all over the world. Been a few times that I wanted to watch something showing in the UK, couldn't watch from my normal US based server. Select a UK option and was able to watch just fine. I've used it a few times to listen to City play while I'm stuck int he car and the match isn't on satellite radio.

Damocles asked me to post this for him, as he's currently on a sabbatical:

Just a note for any NordVPN users. Their latest software update has a problem in it whereby it will leak your real IP address using something called a DNS leak.

The way to resolve this problem is to turn off IPv6 on your connection or manually set your DNS records in IPv6 to whatever the app is setting IPv4 to.

This is only a problem if you're the paranoid tin hat type. If you're just using it for Netflix or whatever then it doesn't matter a bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.