Muslim women must learn English

Ive not read the whole thread but last night in the news there was a Muslim guy saying the reason that many Muslim women don't learn English is that as soon as they arrive in this country they conceive and therefore after they've had the baby they don't want to leave it to do English lessons, wtf!!

Hmmmm. I think I have a solution. Just apply it to Catholics. That'll get a round of applause. Guaranteed electoral winner. Just say being Catholic implies:

treason
stupidity
hypocrisy
treason
sexual abuse of any child given the chance
hatred of everyone and everything
more treason

It could be if non muslims didn't have to learn as well, regardless of their age.

My wife isn't a muslim and it's part of her visa conditions that she has to pass a certain level of English by the end of that visa if she wishes to remain in the UK beyond that period.
Still anti Muslim though isn't it.

Because he says it is and it fits his view of Cameron.

So is that acceptable for Muslim women in Bradford? Most of them never need to speak Arabic. They can probably order dinner in a restaurant.

Just because you're surrounded by brits doesn't mean you shouldn't be speaking Spanish. I mean you've effectively just created your own sub culture in Spain. An area where you don't need to go outside of, where everyone is the same as you, where the food is the same.

It's literally the same thing that people criticise immigrants into the uk for.

The truth is that migration needs two things (amongst many more i am sure) in order to be culturally successful 1) acceptance and inclusion by the indigenous 2) acceptance to interact and be inclusive by the migrants.

In a lot of cases there is neither.

How would most on here feel if a Syrian immigrant to the UK said: "I'll speak enough to get by, but am happy because everyone around me speaks Arabic this it's not necessary for me to become fluent in english".

They'd probably be outraged, no?

I'm surrounded by Brits? News to me, I live in Valencia not Benidorm, pal. I have got married, had a kid, bought a house and started a business here, as well as living daily in a Spanish village with very few ex-pats in the area.

My point is that there are hundreds of thousands of Brits around the world that don't speak the language of the country they live in. So yes, it is the same as SOME immigrants in the UK but I can guarantee that percentage wise I bet the number of immigrants in Britain that speak English is higher than Brits abroad that don't speak Chinese, Thai, Spanish, Italian etc. So yeah, it's a bit rich for the English to complain about this when the vast majority of the Brits that have descended onto other cultures are exactly the fucking same.

Isn't the point being missed by everyone?

He is saying some muslim women are kept at home with very strict husbands and don't let them learn English so they have no lives. He wants that to stop and so should everyone it's weird as fuck in this day and age.
That is their religion/tradition and he has no right to interfere no matter how much we don't like it happening

Will it be a tradition not knowing how to ask for a bottle of milk or a loaf? Or even to go to parents evening and understand what's happening with their children's education or help with homework?

Will it be a tradition not knowing how to ask for a bottle of milk or a loaf? Or even to go to parents evening and understand what's happening with their children's education or help with homework?
I assume they are managing that already,how i understand it dave is tying this to radicalisation which is ridulous,parents not being able to talk to their kids in a language they can both understand is ridiculous

I'm surrounded by Brits? News to me, I live in Valencia not Benidorm, pal. I have got married, had a kid, bought a house and started a business here, as well as living daily in a Spanish village with very few ex-pats in the area.

My point is that there are hundreds of thousands of Brits around the world that don't speak the language of the country they live in. So yes, it is the same as SOME immigrants in the UK but I can guarantee that percentage wise I bet the number of immigrants in Britain that speak English is higher than Brits abroad that don't speak Chinese, Thai, Spanish, Italian etc. So yeah, it's a bit rich for the English to complain about this when the vast majority of the Brits that have descended onto other cultures are exactly the fucking same.
Well said. It does not take much for the little Englanders to start foaming at the mouth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.