Muslim women must learn English

Good for you lol,i think he didn't have his brain in gear when he announced it
But that's because you don't see the link.
Or you just don't like him.

You're a woman so tell me, do you think mothers have an influence over their children?
Do you think women are more or less likely to be ideologically driven to extremes?
Do you think you become more or less assimilated if you speak the local language?
Do you think if you are more assimilated in a less religious community you are more or less likely to be tolerant of extreme religious views?

Last edited:
I assume they are managing that already,how i understand it dave is tying this to radicalisation which is ridulous,parents not being able to talk to their kids in a language they can both understand is ridiculous
Both my mother in law and father in law were both refugees after the war and both had English lessons. To suggest that a woman's place is solely in the home and not to speak the language in the country she lives in is quite simply sexist.

Both my mother in law and father in law were both refugees after the war and both had English lessons. To suggest that a woman's place is solely in the home and not to speak the language in the country she lives in is quite simply sexist.
Of course it's sexist and i don't like it one little bit,women should be free to do whatever they want,i said it's how certain religions live and no matter how much knashing of teeth we and dave do it will not change

But that's because you don't see the link.
Or you just don't like him.

You're a woman so tell me, do you think mothers have an influence over their children?
Do you think women are more or less likely to be ideologically driven to extremes?
Do you think you become more or less assimilated if you speak the local language?
Do you think if you are more assimilated in a less religious community you are more or less likely to be tolerant of extreme religious views?
yes
less
more if you want to be
same

Last edited:
So is that acceptable for Muslim women in Bradford? Most of them never need to speak Arabic. They can probably order dinner in a restaurant.

Just because you're surrounded by brits doesn't mean you shouldn't be speaking Spanish. I mean you've effectively just created your own sub culture in Spain. An area where you don't need to go outside of, where everyone is the same as you, where the food is the same.

It's literally the same thing that people criticise immigrants into the uk for.

The truth is that migration needs two things (amongst many more i am sure) in order to be culturally successful 1) acceptance and inclusion by the indigenous 2) acceptance to interact and be inclusive by the migrants.

In a lot of cases there is neither.

How would most on here feel if a Syrian immigrant to the UK said: "I'll speak enough to get by, but am happy because everyone around me speaks Arabic this it's not necessary for me to become fluent in english".

They'd probably be outraged, no?
If Arabic was an official language of the U.K. Then no. Why would I?

It's not though. I also think you're missing the point that's been patiently explained to you by a few on here as to the fact that all immigrants are required to learn English to complete their visa.

If Arabic was an official language of the U.K. Then no. Why would I?

It's not though. I also think you're missing the point that's been patiently explained to you by a few on here as to the fact that all immigrants are required to learn English to complete their visa.

That post wasn't in reference to yours though? I'm well aware that you mentioned English is an official language of Qatar (which by the way I'm not certain is the case? An unwritten second language, maybe).

I'm not missing anything, patiently explained or otherwise. I'm not discussing my annoyance that English is required on the visa. I think it should be. Rather I'm discussing my annoyance that brits think it's acceptable to move abroad without a second thought of assimilation. I don't care a jot whether or not the Spanish govt, for example, don't make it mandatory to speak Spanish. It still doesn't make it acceptable to move there and not make the effort to learn.

The people screaming for migrants to tell UK to learn English would be doing so whether the visa application said it necessary or not. The same type of people who'd take baked beans to the south of France.

I'm surrounded by Brits? News to me, I live in Valencia not Benidorm, pal. I have got married, had a kid, bought a house and started a business here, as well as living daily in a Spanish village with very few ex-pats in the area.

My point is that there are hundreds of thousands of Brits around the world that don't speak the language of the country they live in. So yes, it is the same as SOME immigrants in the UK but I can guarantee that percentage wise I bet the number of immigrants in Britain that speak English is higher than Brits abroad that don't speak Chinese, Thai, Spanish, Italian etc. So yeah, it's a bit rich for the English to complain about this when the vast majority of the Brits that have descended onto other cultures are exactly the fucking same.

You're right, I made an assumption on your location. My bad.

Other than that I think we're saying the same thing

All the Asians I know at work, and there plenty, speak English AND their mother language. People on here are making out that, because some women don`t speak English, they do not communicate with their kids!! Fuck me what planet are you on. There are more bilingual people in this country who are immigrants, than the ones who aren't immigrants. It`s just another attack on muslims.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.