John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely disagree. We need a calm, measured, stand-off type of defender as he'll play either next to Kompany or Otamendi who are both aggressive and often overcommit. That's why Demi works so well with Kompany or Otameni because their different playing styles compliment one another.
I think you've read this right. I understand that Pep is not a fan of central defenders getting too tight to attackers when facing forward, in the fear that they're too easily turned, which is something I see a lot in our defenders Demi excepted. Strikes me that Stones could very much be a Pep type player, very calm and creative, capable of playing different positions (another of Pep's favourite attributes)
For the older amongst us, reminds me of a certain Bobby Moore the best English defender ever, apart fwom Wio of course.

I think you've read this right. I understand that Pep is not a fan of central defenders getting too tight to attackers when facing forward, in the fear that they're too easily turned, which is something I see a lot in our defenders Demi excepted. Strikes me that Stones could very much be a Pep type player, very calm and creative, capable of playing different positions (another of Pep's favourite attributes)
For the older amongst us, reminds me of a certain Bobby Moore the best English defender ever, apart fwom Wio of course.
And Dave Watson.

Demicheles gets turned more than any of our centre halves. Fucking hell.

Suggestion in paper today that Stones has been told Pep would be his manager at City. Hope that is true.

Havent really watched him much but if what i am seeing right now in the everton v swansea match, he is no better than what we already have, mangala v2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.