Any estate agents on here? Advice needed

But he knows he is not with the former agents, so he would be in effect knowingly entering into a new contract with them. Or so they will argue, which isnt worth the effort given his other options
And that's why I'm not getting involved. They've already lied to me by saying they aren't advertising my property, when they demonstrably are.

When i brought my current place it was from an old boy who had just lost his wife,we agreed with him and the agent to buy it then the agent told us the old boy didn't want us to buy it anymore,he didn't know that we were talking directly to him ,as i always do when buying and selling and he said the agent was trying to pressure him into selling it to someone else.It turned out the agent wanted his "mate" to buy it instead
It was cheap as it was a do up job and in the end we shut out the agent and got it from the old boy direct,the agent had to bow out as we threatened to report him for dodgy practices,once we moved in we reported him anyway,chancers the lot of them

But he knows he is not with the former agents, so he would be in effect knowingly entering into a new contract with them. Or so they will argue, which isnt worth the effort given his other options
Agreed, but he can still say no. If a potential sale does materialise say no unless the agents and buyer can sort it out. Like I say I think the original agents are trying it on... Call their bluff!

And that's why I'm not getting involved. They've already lied to me by saying they aren't advertising my property, when they demonstrably are.

Probably not!

Smart cookie talks to client re house they want and when they describe it realises they had one on the books. They then contact you to see if it's still for sale. I would contact current agent and ask for a one off viewing from this person and if a sale is agreed they split the commission and old agent runs the sale as they are already involved with the sale of other house. Current agent gets a small fee but has no work to do win win all around

Probably not!

Smart cookie talks to client re house they want and when they describe it realises they had one on the books. They then contact you to see if it's still for sale. I would contact current agent and ask for a one off viewing from this person and if a sale is agreed they split the commission and old agent runs the sale as they are already involved with the sale of other house. Current agent gets a small fee but has no work to do win win all around
That's the line they spun me but I've seen my house on the old agent's website, plain as day. So they weren't telling the truth and I've no desire to deal with them. They can go through the new agent if they want to see it.

Yes they are and my house is up with both of them. But we dropped the price when we moved agents to bring it just within a lower band and the old agents have it at the old price.

Rightmove often takes 18-24 hours to update, so they could be telling the truth in that they have now removed their listing. Probably lying though to get a few more buyers registered through enquiries.

Just don't let the old agents send anybody else around and then you won't pay two agents. It's up to your old and new agents to communicate on sharing the fee if this new viewer is real.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.