Sunderland away general sale

The secret is in the word 'loyalty' points. If you have been going for donkeys years through thick and thin, you deserve those points. It is however a legitimate moan when people buying 'loyalty' (should come up with another less contentious word really City...' get in ahead of fans with even middling points, that includes the Belgians ;)

At last,people seem to be realising,its not the loyalty points system that is wrong.
Its the amount of tickets that are being sold,through other outlets.
The supporters clubs,corporate,overseas ticket agencies,and those that go within the club/employees and those that go on facebook/alledged whores

Solution- 1- all supporters should apply for a ticket when they qualify through the points system.
2 -85% of tickets for away matches should be sold through the loyalty system.
3- The remaining 15% should go to the other outlets,mentioned above
4 -Supporters clubs,should not get any tickets
5- Ban anyone who is found to be selling on away tickets on a regular basis.
This is not a dig at the supporters clubs,but if you implement ,suggestion 1 you do away with the need for them and you cut out the long held belief that they are handing them out to people ,who normally would not be entitled to a ticket.
So if we get a 3000 ticket allocation approx 2500 go onsale through the loyalty system,and 500 go to the other outlets.

Fair,but it wont happen

As alluded to, no one had an issue with the loyalty points system, it was easily the fairest way to do it and worked. Its the 'Ticket Points' where the problem lies. Tickets shouldn't be going to Corporate ahead of fans with points earnt over the years. Unfortunately the only people complaining about it will be the small minority affected so it won't change.

I have no problem with loyalty points, but I decided right at the start I would not be be getting a platinum seasoncard, didn't and still don't believe in buying loyalty points. If I miss tickets it's down to me as my points have slipped down massively over the last few years.

It was noticeable on Saturday how many people who used to be regulars showed up for the last game at the Boleyn. No doubt some are maintaining their healthy points totals by selling on tickets Que sera sera!

I would be minded to allocate more tickets to Supporters Clubs as these tickets don't end up with touts!

It was noticeable on Saturday how many people who used to be regulars showed up for the last game at the Boleyn. No doubt some are maintaining their healthy points totals by selling on tickets Que sera sera!

I would be minded to allocate more tickets to Supporters Clubs as these tickets don't end up with touts!
They end up in the hands of people who have lower loyalty points,but are in the supporters club.
That is not right

At last,people seem to be realising,its not the loyalty points system that is wrong.
The supporters clubs,corporate,overseas ticket agencies,and those that go within the club/employees and those that go on facebook/alledged whores

Solution- 1- all supporters should apply for a ticket when they qualify through the points system.
This is not a dig at the supporters clubs,but if you implement ,suggestion 1 you do away with the need for them and you cut out the long held belief that they are handing them out to people ,who normally would not be entitled to a ticket.
So if we get a 3000 ticket allocation approx 2500 go onsale through the loyalty system,and 500 go to the other outlets.

Fair,but it wont happen
. Good post. One issue I have is that the club always state that the club has received x amount of tickets on the website. They should actually be saying how many are available after deductions but this would reveal how many are being creamed off so I doubt they will do it.

Last edited:

Fair,but it wont happen

Points one, two and three I absolutely agree with, and would also like to suggest that our corporate "partners" are offered "corporate" tickets in an appropriate area of the ground, ie with other corporate customers in the boxes and suites of whichever ground the match is at.

However, please see the below in response to points 4 and 5. I think SC's get an unfair rep because people don't truly understand their processes and services, especially when they themselves are not part of a SC branch or have mis-understood the intentions behind the service that the provide.

All supporters clubs are, are a vehicle/service that people use to apply for match tickets. The supporters club in question will take on the responsibility of sourcing those tickets.

The method behind sourcing the tickets is exactly the same as when a group of mates want to go to an away game and sit together. One of the group buys tickets for himself and the rest of the group by using his and their season card numbers providing all of the group qualify for tickets by having the right number of loyalty points.

As a member of a SC myself, I have only been successful with my allocation through the SC when I have satisfied the Loyalty Points criteria.

On occasions I have missed out on tickets because of not having enough points, and when this has been the case, I have (on the rare occasion) been able to source tickets through friends, or other members of the SC who have the correct amount of points and are happy for me to use their season card to source a ticket. It's important to note the latter is NOT a process of the SC and is just a pure consequence that being a member of an SC offers you, by increasing the network of match going fans that you know and can contact should they decide to not go to any given game for whatever reason.

As long as point 5 is policed correctly, (and how you go about doing that, I have no idea) then there is absolutely no reason to ban SC's from getting tickets, as stated all they do is deal with the logistics of getting tickets so that their members don't have to, and to ensure that as many members of the branch can be sat together as possible.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.