Johnny Rotten

In his first book there is a photo of him in his house in Chelsea in the late 70s with the TV on and there's football on TV so maybe he was always a fan although like you I have read many of his interviews over the years and don't recall any references to football until the early 90s.

I've read that Sid was a rag.

Perhaps he was whatever was top of the table at the time!

I saw the Sex Pistols in Scotland a few years ago. It was just embarrassing and Lydon spent about half an hour telling everyone he wasn't a racist and saying "hello Allah ... Hello Jeeeeeesus" again and again. On top of that they sounded like shite.

But then I saw him in PIL about three years later and they were superb and he barely spoke a word between songs. Go figure.

I've only ever seen him as a massive twat. I never really got the whole punk thing. Shit music played by scruffy twats who gobbed on each other.

Punk is a great way of getting a band going when your young and not very experienced, you can be pretty crap on the guitar and get away with it. As you learn you progress to better things, lots of great bands/musicians probably started this way. I'm very shit on the guitar but could easily play lots of punk songs, two finger chords and lots of distortion masks my lack of talent very well.

Always misunderstood, I like John as he has grown on me over the years.

OP..... Are you suggesting we take a disliking toward him because he supports another football team, I don t promote hate or look for reasons to hate others. I really don t think it matters if he has or has not chosen to advertise his allegiance to whomever he supports, it may have stopped judgmental people from buying his music???

why do ye all have the need to claim being a better fan than others too, never got that.

Always misunderstood, I like John as he has grown on me over the years.

OP..... Are you suggesting we take a disliking toward him because he supports another football team, I don t promote hate or look for reasons to hate others. I really don t think it matters if he has or has not chosen to advertise his allegiance to whomever he supports, it may have stopped judgmental people from buying his music???

why do ye all have the need to claim being a better fan than others too, never got that.

Yo desdumonde,hope you are well...answer to your question mate...its because there are loads and loads of fellow blues that are totally up their own arses, and i havent even started with bluemoon yet..proper shit doesnt stink material and i know, i have met some of them.
Fuk me, dont ever mention you went to a certain away day in the 70s or 80s mate, it will turn into a proper cockwaving contest among the people sat with you..coks.

how are you Buzz me oul flower.... I would have replied faster due to my stalking ways but some aliens were using HAARP to take down my internet connection the b@$t@rd$$$$$. :)

Try not to stew on the likes blue, life is too short!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.