Kiev tickets £4.50 each.

What are people doing about changing money? Given their currency is almost worthless do they accept euros?
Given the dirt cheap prices ain't gonna need much spends and can't see any exchanges stocking Ukrainian currency and I'm sure they won't be wanting to order it in if it's only a small order say 80 quid
Atm at the airport, also taxis will take sterling( currency not Raheem) dollars or euros. Twenty will get you from airport to town.

Any areas you recommend to avoid?
Heard police can be corrupt. Any truth in this?
Are prices similar all over as I heard from last city trip some were paying £3.50 for a bottle of becks yep I was under impression beers were less than a quid.

Cheers
Yeh be very wary of the police esp in the night they will pull you and fine you for crossing the road in the wrong place,stick to their zebra crossing also if there is only a couple of you together a few of ours got taxed by them!!...most areas are ok like here flasher the bar the dearer it is,by the way a lot of the big hotels have lap dancing clubs in them

Atm at the airport, also taxis will take sterling( currency not Raheem) dollars or euros. Twenty will get you from airport to town.
There are plenty of money exchanges there all decent rates...if your getting taxis from airport best booking online from here better deals...be aware they will rip you off if they can!!

I've been to Kiev four times with England. Decent city. Airport is about a 30-45 minute taxi ride from the city and the traffic can be bad at times. Be careful of dodgy taxi drivers outside airport. They will try to scam you for at least double the price. Given that the exchange rate has crashed that still won't break the bank but it's more the principle. Only use the official rank taxis, Sky taxis are the best. Never get a taxi from someone who comes up and asks you.
Plenty of bars in the city centre. I wouldn't recommend TGI Fridays or Irish bars as some have on here. Loads of places less than half the price and never had any problems with the locals. Kiev is predominantly pro European.
The stadium is in the centre and easily within walking distance. Places worth seeing if you want an hour off the beer are Independence Square with its large Nelson like column and the two churches just up the hill off it, the green one is worth a walk up it for the view and the City blue one is well worth seeing inside, all sparkling gold and incredibly ornate.
The underground is cheap and has some of the largest escalators in the world.
I definitely would have done this trip if I'd had a bit more notice. Anyone who goes will enjoy it.
In fact I'm going to edit this to say that I will happily come over as a tour guide if someone wants to pay for my flight. ;-)

Would like to see the club introduce a similar system of proof of attendance regarding loyalty points for all games

Would like to see the club introduce a similar system of proof of attendance regarding loyalty points for all games

Agreed. I've been saying this for years. Always done it following England and never been a problem.

I get the impression it's more to do with the amount of time to get tickets printed in Kiev and then shipped over here and then distributed with only 2 and a half weeks to the game.

- seems a bit strange given that Kick off v Leicester is 12.45pm.... I wonder how many people will be phoning the ticket office from inside the stadium during the game!

They've changed it now to:

All Cityzens with a 2015/16 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard – Saturday 6th February at 3pm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.