Was yesterday our worst defeat of the post takeover era?

Wigan in the cup was the worst, from the bullshit around our manager being sacked to losing a cup final to a bunch of twats managed by a clown of a manager of a club owned by a ****

I'm not talking in terms of the scoreline. I just can't remember feeling this down after a defeat for a very long time. I was hoping the Liverpool game was a wake up call as it was still early in the season. Yesterday had a season-defining feel to it and it's very difficult to have any confidence at all after the performance. I haven't felt this low since the Arsenal defeat in 2012, the difference being we don't have the manager of players needed to turn it around now. I would put it down as the low point of the post takeover era.

Now all our rivals seem to have hit form at the right time while we haven't played well for months. Even the Rags. The summer can't come quick enough hopefully with CL football.

I know how you feel mate. I could write it off because we're only a few points off the lead but the disarray caused to a great extent by the lack of options for the games to come, is what worries me most. Trying to be positive - it might mean we are forced to stop tinkering. If Leicester can play the same players for the run in - so can we. The sacrifice being the FA. cup. We need to try to get some sort of result in the CL first leg. The second leg at home will hopefully be more hopeful as we should have some players back.

Utterly gutless and spineless performance. It was almost amusing how abject we were, I would've already sacked him. Anybody else putting the same effort in at a 'normal' job would be sacked.

We've had many worse results than this.

Nothing is decided yet. If it was a title decider, it would be pretty bad. But ( despite the slightly hysterical views of some) it wasn't.

I'd say the mood is much the same as after the defeat at Arsenal in 2012, Wigan, and Liverpool in 2014 , plus Liverpool this season, I don't think the fallout is any worse than those, performance wise it's difficult to compare only 24 hours after this one.

Yes because it was so obvious how LC would play. And it's not like we were playing Bayern

Southampton away was the worst.Gareth Barry masterclass that day.
Spurs and Liverpool this season as well.

yes worst for many a year its all about effort or lack of.

Me up at 06:00 to catch train = effort
me taking train and getting piss wet through = effort
sitting watching that total lack of interest = effort
taking train home getting in house at 19:00 = effort

As for that 11 players on the pitch yesterday = total lack of any effort

I don't care in we get beat but lest have some pride in battle.

I'm not talking in terms of the scoreline. I just can't remember feeling this down after a defeat for a very long time. I was hoping the Liverpool game was a wake up call as it was still early in the season. Yesterday had a season-defining feel to it and it's very difficult to have any confidence at all after the performance. I haven't felt this low since the Arsenal defeat in 2012, the difference being we don't have the manager of players needed to turn it around now. I would put it down as the low point of the post takeover era.

Now all our rivals seem to have hit form at the right time while we haven't played well for months. Even the Rags. The summer can't come quick enough hopefully with CL football.

Agreed absolutely. My glass is always half empty I know, but yesterday was genuinely depressing. In fact it felt like the end of an era, when with Kompany perpetually injured, Ya Ya a spent force, Silva peripheral and Kun isolated and frustrated, we simply aren't the force we once were. In Kante, Mahrez and Vardy, Leicester (fucking Leicester!) had not just quicker and hungrier players than us, but in all honesty better ones. What concerns me is that the rags, for all that they're shit, will grind out enough results between now and May to catch us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.