Booing former players

Milner ran his contract down, moved with a nice fat signing on fee and then trawled out all the cliche Liverpool bingo buzz words.

His celebration last night was a joke:

"I want to challenge for trophies" - You lost your cup final and you're at a mid table team
"I want to play in the middle" - You've been shunted back out to the wing because you're not good enough, and ended your Cup Final at left back

What exactly were you celebrating, on the big night you already failed - it's why you couldn't force your way past (even) Fernando into the centre of our midfield.

I hope he has the misfortune of treading on an up turned plug every morning for the foreseeable. Fair to say he's burnt his bridges with his actions last night in my eyes, i had no problem letting him know what i thought near the end. Couldn't even face the City fans before he was subbed.

(Maybe i just need to grow up :) )

Personally, I never got the don't celebrate against your old team rule :? I've always thought it should be conditional. Meaning if they show you respect, you return the favor.

The only thing I deeply appreciated about Adebayor's time here, was that magnificent run across the field to go celebrate in front of his haters. He seemed to get faster as he ran towards them. As if he couldn't get their fast enough.

And frankly, had I been a fan of a club who had been booing a former player and he scored then run cross field at top speed to celebrate, I'd probably stand up and clap him. 'Yep, you got one on me. Wish you had shown that much passion playing for us and I perhaps would have loved you' :)

But in fairness to the Arsenal fans, that was the most passion he showed in a City Jersey :(
It was, in fairness, a fucking storming header

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.