Cockney blues

It is sad to see people without the greatness to welcome other human beings as fans of Manchester City. It is the definition of small-mindedness if you ask me, and a sign of something fundamentally wrong in the way of thinking. I feel sorry for you.

Get off your high horse you sentimental and sanctimonious fool. I've Blue friends from all over the country and all over the world.

i'm exiled in london. i'm not in the london branch but i travel with them from time-to-time. they're a good bunch, many with strong manc connections, who have followed city home and away for years. i'd much rather we have them than the pissed, 'munich' chanting idiots.

Very narrow minded thread this is from some. I want Manchester City to constantly become bigger and better!! and that means attracting support further afield than Manchester. Why is anyone who doesn't speak like Liam and Noel instantly called a 'Cockney' by the way? I'd find that quite insulting if I wasn't from London. I was born in Cambridge but moved to the Northwest in 1987 when I got my first season ticket. My story is a little different as both my Dad and late Mum are Mancunian and I've lived in Greater Manchester for thirty years - I now live in Whalley Range (and have done for the last six years). But you get my point? Go to any City away game in London and you hear non Manc accents aplenty. That's because Manchester City have huge support across the UK despite what some think? The success of the late 60's and early 70's attracted a lot of people. Go across to West Yorkshire and you'll find we also have great support despite it being a Leeds/Huddersfield/Bradford heartland - go to the West Midland's and we also have a decent following. I was in Rotherham recently and saw young kids in City shirts - it's brilliant. I was back in my original neck of the woods last summer and saw a kid dressed 'head to toe' in a full City kit whilst in Tesco in Haverhill. I love the fact our club is attracting people. The fact I now have a Northern accent threw a lot of people I hadn't seen for over thirty years and that was quite amusing but that's not the point. This club is growing and growing and all are welcome. Price it well and we'll attract back all the lapsed Manchester based City fans, all the fans across Lancashire and Yorkshire etc and all the others as well. The fact some people go to the Etihad and are afraid of speaking because they are worried about there accents is a very sad state of affairs. It's 2016 and I want the club I love to become a Monster in the global game as I guess do our wonderful owners. It's called vision. Be open minded, ambitious, and let's build one of the world's great clubs.

Very narrow minded thread this is from some. I want Manchester City to constantly become bigger and better!! and that means attracting support further afield than Manchester. Why is anyone who doesn't speak like Liam and Noel instantly called a 'Cockney' by the way? I'd find that quite insulting if I wasn't from London. I was born in Cambridge but moved to the Northwest in 1987 when I got my first season ticket. My story is a little different as both my Dad and late Mum are Mancunian and I've lived in Greater Manchester for thirty years - I now live in Whalley Range (and have done for the last six years). But you get my point? Go to any City away game in London and you hear non Manc accents aplenty. That's because Manchester City have huge support across the UK despite what some think? The success of the late 60's and early 70's attracted a lot of people. Go across to West Yorkshire and you'll find we also have great support despite it being a Leeds/Huddersfield/Bradford heartland - go to the West Midland's and we also have a decent following. I was in Rotherham recently and saw young kids in City shirts - it's brilliant. I was back in my original neck of the woods last summer and saw a kid dressed 'head to toe' in a full City kit whilst in Tesco in Haverhill. I love the fact our club is attracting people. The fact I now have a Northern accent threw a lot of people I hadn't seen for over thirty years and that was quite amusing but that's not the point. This club is growing and growing and all are welcome. Price it well and we'll attract back all the lapsed Manchester based City fans, all the fans across Lancashire and Yorkshire etc and all the others as well. The fact some people go to the Etihad and are afraid of speaking because they are worried about there accents is a very sad state of affairs. It's 2016 and I want the club I love to become a Monster in the global game as I guess do our wonderful owners. It's called vision. Be open minded, ambitious, and let's build one of the world's great clubs.
That's exactly how this sentimental and sanctimonious fool sees it from a high horse. Well said.

I think it is more fear than anything to do with where people are from,we see prices going up and up,we know we might be priced out and probably replaced by new fans from outside of Manchester, its a scary situation and makes people feel uneasy.

i'm exiled in london. i'm not in the london branch but i travel with them from time-to-time. they're a good bunch, many with strong manc connections, who have followed city home and away for years. i'd much rather we have them than the pissed, 'munich' chanting idiots.

You need to develop you WUMing skills mate!

A few years I got moved for an early European match and sat next to a Polish bloke. He had been to the Poznam match the previous season because it was a Polish team but had fallen for City hook line and stinker and become a regular. I hope he is still going and gets better treated than non Mancunians are on here.

The problem is that attitudes like this exist because over the past decade, rags used the little City stick to beat us with, to which we answered with Manchester is blue. Both myths became entrenched. City, of course has a rich history (rags naturally confuse history with success) & we have always had a large non-Manc fanbase. People who cannot accept the fact that not every blue has a local accent have to decide what they want in their club. If they want to support a global, successful Manchester City, then they have to embrace the changes & all that entails.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.