PSG ticket prices - Protest options v West Brom.

What were the prices for the cup semi final against United 7 years ago which was sold out within days ?
I don't know, but what I've asked a few times is, why now ? I have paid over £50 a few times since 2011 / 12 season the most I can pay for this is £55, I'm actually paying £50 for my son and me. So it could be argued that prices have been stable for the last 4 seasons. In fact they have been a bit cheaper this season than last. Yes I'd like them to come down but why kick up a fuss now ?

I don't know, but what I've asked a few times is, why now ? I have paid over £50 a few times since 2011 / 12 season the most I can pay for this is £55, I'm actually paying £50 for my son and me. So it could be argued that prices have been stable for the last 4 seasons. In fact they have been a bit cheaper this season than last. Yes I'd like them to come down but why kick up a fuss now ?

Because it's the trendy thing to do.

Those Bayern prices can't be right surely - I thought the German model was the fairest and greatest of all!

Because it's the trendy thing to do.

Those Bayern prices can't be right surely - I thought the German model was the fairest and greatest of all!
Here's a funny thing, just bought mine with my wife watching over, got our 2 tickets for £50, my wife's reaction ' Why so cheap '?. Why not sit somewhere else? so went for East level 1 by halfway line 2 tickets £70.

If you look back there have been threads like this one for the last two or three years.

It does seem that with each rise in the price of a ST, more and more are dropping platinum, dropping cup schemes and eventually saying enough is enough.

If you look back there have been threads for the last two or three years.

It does seem that with each rise in the price of a ST, more and more are dropping platinum, dropping cup schemes and eventually saying enough is enough.
Threads yes I remember, but no talk of protests and walkouts, I've said before there needs to be a national campaign like the away tickets, but not pick out individual games or clubs.

Threads yes I remember, but no talk of protests and walkouts, I've said before there needs to be a national campaign like the away tickets, but not pick out individual games or clubs.
I just think numbers of dissatisfied people are increasing all the time. Don't know if you remember West Brom protesting the price of tickets at our place a few years back.

Got a lot of support on here and at the ground.

Personally, I've been wanting the fan base to do something for years. Just hasnt been enough people prepared to.

Maybe the penny has dropped. The longer we do nothing the worse it will get.

If you'd really like them to come down, then why criticise people who are trying to achieve that? Because next season, it might not be £50 for you and your son but £70.

So why kick up a fuss now? Because there is more focus on ticket prices generally this season is probably the main reason and the battles are being won. Another reason is that people at the club have sat down and thought hard about how to set prices at a level which maximises income, rather than at a level that maximises attendance. They are presumably prepared to accept an number of empty seats for the sake of screwing a few extra quid out of us.

Read this which explains it superbly: http://www.typicalcity.org/2016/03/...am-they-need-to-begin-by-not-alienating-them/

If you'd really like them to come down, then why criticise people who are trying to achieve that? Because next season, it might not be £50 for you and your son but £70.

So why kick up a fuss now? Because there is more focus on ticket prices generally this season is probably the main reason and the battles are being won. Another reason is that people at the club have sat down and thought hard about how to set prices at a level which maximises income, rather than at a level that maximises attendance. They are presumably prepared to accept an number of empty seats for the sake of screwing a few extra quid out of us.

Read this which explains it superbly: http://www.typicalcity.org/2016/03/...am-they-need-to-begin-by-not-alienating-them/
I'm not really criticising the fact people want to do something about prices, more the fact the big rush to do it over one game, the £20s plenty campaign succeeded with fans of all clubs working together which I think is a better way forward than individual clubs in an ad hoc way which may or may not succeed. If the club suddenly reduced prices for this game would the protest not go ahead. Then what happens ?

Organising a national campaign for away tickets is far easier than organising one for home tickets - lobbying the Premier League as one for away tickets worked well because it's reasonable enough to expect and request all away fans to pay a single set price for an away ticket.

Home tickets are a different kettle of fish altogether because each club has all manner of pricing levels for each game plus every fanbase is different in terms of how affluent they are. You can't expect every club to adopt exactly the same prices across the board for home tickets so we have to tackle our clubs individually on it. Scudamore acknowledged a couple of months back that something had to be done about away tickets but said the Premier League can't realistically intervene when it comes to home tickets. Liverpool fans staged just one walkout and achieved an unexpected u-turn. Whatever option we adopt, we could achieve similar success providing enough people make their feelings known.

We're approaching a tipping point here where even long-standing loyal fans are getting disillusioned with the way the club prices certain games. Not only that, we must be the only club in the league that gives no indication at the start of the season as to what the pricing will be for each game apart from the Champions League group games once the draw has been made. Pretty much every other match is done on an ad hoc basis so fans really don't have an idea where they're up to.

I've said it before but I've defended the club's pricing on games in the past - I also had a huge run-in with JMA on here about 5 or 6 years ago when he launched into a withering rant against Cook and the price of season tickets because at the time I and many others felt we were still getting very good value for money. That was at a time when our season tickets were priced a lot more reasonably than they are now (save for the new level 3 SS seats of course) and before the platinum scheme came in but since then I feel the club are trying to unnecessarily squeeze too much out of us. My ST has probably increased in price by nearly 70% in that time (nearly 60% if I'd gone gold) - others will have seen theirs increase even more. As things stand I can still afford it and £40 for my seat for the PSG game isn't totally outrageous but that doesn't mean I'm not going to stand side by side with those fans who have been priced out. We can't fill the ground for most Champions League games as it is - in fact, we've had more City fans in the ground for FA Cup games against Championship opposition over the past few seasons than we have for some CL games over the past few seasons. The fact that those FA Cup games were priced at £15-£20 and £1-£5 for kids tells us that this is indeed a pricing issue. Of course, I'm not expecting prices like that for a home quarter final in the CL but a bit more commonsense from those that make the decisions would see this game sell out. The Rags can hurl as many jibes as they want about empty seats but if we can fill our ground for early round FA Cup games against lower division opposition then that proves the support is there.

Scaremongering PB you don't know that but it seems your campaign is starting to be coming off the tracks as everybody starts to realise that it really isn't that bad a price. Said it before will say it again let those that want to go pay the price and enjoy the game if you don't like it don't go. Personally I will be watching my beloved club for over 30 years play in the QF of the champions league never thought that would ever happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.