PSG ticket prices - Protest options v West Brom.

WRONG! They may own the shares but the club belongs to us.

And anyone paying £95 to see Adele wants their sanity questioning. Clearly you know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

I must admit that I've forked out £90+£9 booking fee to see ELO in a couple of weeks time but it will probably be a one-off bucket list job. A Champions League Quarter Final is unlikely to be a one-off. In any case, we've had plenty of bigger games down the years yet some gimp on here was trying to claim it's the club's biggest game in decades the other day. Bigger than Aguerrrooooooo? Bigger than Blackburn? Fuck me, even the Gillingham play-off final was miles bigger and I still rate it as the most important game in our history.

Do you go to watch Adele 20-odd times a year?

I don't suppose he does but then again he also doesn't go to see City play PSG in the CL quarter finals 20 odd times a year either!!

One good thing about all these people saying they won't be going; it will be a lot easier to get away from the stadium after the game as there won't be any traffic jams!!!

JMHO

I've said before that I won't pay £50 or more for anything other than a final. Stopped doing London games when the prices went above that level, even when I lived there.

So basically you and others had an 'I'm alright Jack' attitude towards price rises that pushed other blues out until prices got to a level that you wouldn't pay and then you accuse them of an 'I'm alright Jack attitude' because they are willing to pay those prices. Seems a tad hypocritical.

I'm sick of people saying 'it's a fair price', no it isn't. They're taking the piss and if we don't stick up for ourselves now it's only going to get worse.

What value would you find acceptable for a game of this magnitude?
It's not what I'd find acceptable as an individual that's the issue. My view is coloured by the fact the CL leaves me cold and I haven't bought a ticket for 2 seasons now. It's the fact that the club have prioritised getting a few extra quid over having a full stadium and the impact that would have on the team.

If I was setting prices I'd do it at £35 for CB Level 2 and £30 for the rest of the stadium. I'd even consider paying that myself. Then the chances are that it would certainly sell out and probably so so before the first leg. That might cost us about £150k in lost ticket income on the night based on the difference between the prices they've charged and my prices. But set that against the £12m we'll probably make over these 2 games and the extra revenue that 10,000 additional fans will bring in food and drink, plus the boost to the team that a packed stadium would bring and it's fuck all.

The way they've priced it many will wait until they see how the first leg pan out before deciding to buy. It's a piss poor commercial decision.

Value is determined by what somebody is willing to pay. You might have a £40K car and your neighbour might think you are a prick for wasting your money. Then again you might think your neighbour is a prick for having a caravan as it would be cheaper to go abroad. Some people shop at Asda some at Waitrose others at Lidl everybody has their own interpretation of what is value for money just because somebody doesn't agree with you doesn't make you right.
I hope you never complain about empty seats, or lack of atmosphere, or basically anything to do with the club. Because it's obvious that you think cash is more important than people.

I don't suppose he does but then again he also doesn't go to see City play PSG in the CL quarter finals 20 odd times a year either!!

One good thing about all these people saying they won't be going; it will be a lot easier to get away from the stadium after the game as there won't be any traffic jams!!!

JMHO

You've got me there EB ;)

To be honest, while this is a big game it could turn out to be a dead rubber if we get battered in the first leg then it will be the biggest damp squib of the season. I think it's also worth pointing out that if you go to an Adele concert, like her or not she will perform to a certain high standard that can never be guaranteed at a football match.

So basically you and others had an 'I'm alright Jack' attitude towards price rises that pushed other blues out until prices got to a level that you wouldn't pay and then you accuse them of an 'I'm alright Jack attitude' because they are willing to pay those prices. Seems a tad hypocritical.
Are you serious? He's not accusing people who are willing to pay the prices of having an 'I'm alright Jack attitude'. He's sticking up for the people who've been priced out whilst idiots like yourself continue to patronize everyone who can't afford to pay stupid prices to go and watch a working class sport.

There are some people being right idiots on this thread, and you're one of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.