City V PSG ticket Prices: 1894 Group statement in full

I agree, a poll would be the next step. At this rate we will be discussing a protest right up to the West Brom match.

My 4 poll options. Obviously poll options are open to other ideas.

1. Protest and stay on the concourse, then go on the terraces with the banners and in silence.
2. Protest on the terraces with banners and silence, then walk out on to the concourse.
3. Tennis Balls and silence.(silence is optional on this one)
4. Banners and silence on the terraces. No walkout.

Why does everyone have to be silent? Don't really understand that.

I'd simplify it:
1) walkout on 60 mins
2) go in 10 mins late
3) banners
4) balls
5) nothing

I agree, a poll would be the next step. At this rate we will be discussing a protest right up to the West Brom match.

1. Protest and stay on the concourse, then go on the terraces with the banners and in silence.
2. Protest on the terraces with banners and silence, then walk out on to the concourse.
I have a problem with a poll as I said, it's open to posters not going to the match, but also I think we need to step back from a protest about PSG, and make it a campaign about prices in general. Also if as you say the threat of a walk has caused discussions within the club about pricing , shouldn't we await the outcome and just go with 1894 s gentle nudge first, I assume 1894 have more contact with match attendees than bluemoon does.

Utter bollocks. You only have to read on here how many wouldn't walk out due to it being too early/the prices aren't that bad/i'm alright jack/we have to pay for success/we're not scousers/i might miss a goal to see that a walk out on 60 wasn't going to be fully supported. Banners, and along with it some TV and media coverage is the right way to go as a first step, IMO

Be careful speaking any common sense on here means you get banned from posting on these threads. I know a mod on here banned myself and another 2 members from posting on the other thread because we did not agree with his views. We put well mannered and constructive replys but he has decided to remove our ability to post on that thread.
That is more worrying than the ticket prices that we have a Mod on here who is stopping people making comments if they don't agree with him. We have a problem with the club ticket prices and definitely a Mod on here who has a sole purpose to belittle our club.

I'd say tennis balls and banners would be the better option if it was up to me

We need to bear a few things in mind here:

First of all let's remember that one of the reasons we were selected as club suitable for the large scale investment we have had was because of all round good nature and loyalty as supporters during 3 decades of winning nothing. Its not our natural way to be 'toys out of the pram' merchants like at some other clubs and I'm sure this helped our cause. Presently MCFC get no credit whatsoever for breaking up the tedious monoploy that existed before, with you know who making up the top four and its totally to the Sheik's credit that we now have a Premier league with only Arsenal from that monopoly still in the top four (and hopefully due to win nothing so that their toys get thrown out of the pram along with Wenger.) Do I want to see us hack off the Sheik and the City management over this issue - sorry I don't: I think people should pick and choose their games and vote with their feet regarding whether to attend or not and I don't want to see us going down the Liverpool fan's route of shooting ourselves in the foot in the process. I do not want to go back to the wilderness years again and had actually reached my limit by the Stewart Pearce era where we were very likely doomed to do an Aston Villa / Newcastle forever more.

The only issue here for me is whether the people signed up to the CL cup scheme had an expectation that they would need to pay this much to attend the game: everyone else can pick and choose, and let the club work out the pricing model based on attendances - its the smart thing to do. I'm one of the lucky ones who got a £299 season ticket in the South Stand and I still can't believe my luck so I actually agree with the club's overall pricing structure to have a large capacity ground with ticket prices that suit every level of attendance and premium games and tickets when and where it matters: if this means tourists paying top dollar for my old seat on the half way line then to be honest: fair enough.

The scousers did an incredible job of getting the £30 away ticket adopted and they deserve the credit for that - however, they don't realise that in today's climate they are limiting LFC's ability to compete because sadly, money talks and as we know the players are incredibly greedy: the moneyball philosphy that the USA based owners of LFC subscribe to requires them to 'monetize' everything to 'secure' the 'optimal' player and we are lucky (more than we could ever know) that Brendan blew it on the home straight. With LFC's capacity and prices capped for the foreseeable future their moneyball philosophy could be totally broken.

So, to blame the club for being greedy when in fact they are just being pragmatic about their business, and to avoid pointing the blame where it truly lies i.e. at the players is I believe being totally disingenuous.

I am disappointed that I am not yet rich enough to own a football club, but wise enough to know I wouldn't want to even if I was (do you agree Mike Ashley?) - I know that deep down the outrageous cost of watching football is 100% down to the greed of the players and the greed and stupidity of those people running the game. This needs to be said first, before anything else is said.

Am I glad that City broke the mould thanks to the Sheik's money? Yes I am.

Am I prepared to pay the odd consequence for doing so? Yes I am.

Am I settled that this means that I now pick and choose my games whilst seeing loads of tourists watching those games in my stead? Yes I am.

Should the club do more to sort out ticket prices across the board for families etc? Yes and I trust them to work this out.

Is this the wrong battle for us to fight at this time? Champions League Quarter Final for the first time in our history in support of the Sheik's vision for success? Yes, its totally wrong IMHO.

Sorry to tell it as it is. {Note: Full respect due to the people on Champions League Cup Scheme of course - I totally get that issue.}

100% correct. Thank you for being so thorough and realistic in your post.

Be careful speaking any common sense on here means you get banned from posting on these threads. I know a mod on here banned myself and another 2 members from posting on the other thread because we did not agree with his views. We put well mannered and constructive replys but he has decided to remove our ability to post on that thread.
That is more worrying than the ticket prices that we have a Mod on here who is stopping people making comments if they don't agree with him. We have a problem with the club ticket prices and definitely a Mod on here who has a sole purpose to belittle our club.
Disagree. You were constantly WUMing, and your "i'm alright jack" attitude was to the detriment of the conversation - now you are taking it into a personal vendetta against a single mod.

tennis balls and banners for me

Well done to all concerned on this,sadly the last few years has seen my appearances dwindle,just because i cant afford it any more.
For the good the club owners have brought,which dont get me wrong i wouldn't swap.
I do believe the powers that be have definitely forgot what made Manchester City as a club.And probably one of the reasons they were attracted to the club.
The loyal fan base,now i'm not gonna go on about the 50,000 of us who went to york that day and the other fun days out back then.
But it just dosent feel like the City i grew up with and fell in love with any more,we have in my humble opinion turned into what i hated about the rags.
Thats for another thread,but again well done to everyone on this.
Just wanted to have my little say,after all it has made me sign back up on BM after a very long time.

Disagree. You were constantly WUMing, and your "i'm alright jack" attitude was to the detriment of the conversation - now you are taking it into a personal vendetta against a single mod.

No vendetta just realising how this open forum works if you don't agree with several people on here then they don't want you to post.

Bollocks. You were outright trolling, and turned a constructive and interesting thread full of discussion into a display of squabbling and outright degeneracy. And for you to say that the said mod was "belittling our club" is complete and utter nonsense, just a deliberate misrepresentation of what he was saying and his position in an attempt to undermine him and his points.

If anything, you were belittling the club's support, while performing some grim self aggrandisement.

Your only real effort was to troll and get people's backs up, ruining discussion. And you succeeded.

It was for the better of the thread that you were banned from posting in it, regardless of your position on a protest. I look forward to you being banned from this one too once you inevitably cross the line again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.