Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see Fernando as a center half under Pep as well. He can break up plays pretty well and in Pep's system the central defenders play high up so they are playing almost like a defensive midfielder would anyway. He's not ideal to play in the midfield under Pep, but he's better with his feet than Mangala or Otamendi and you need to be able to play out from the back. He's decent in the air as well. Seeing how Pep transforms player like Alaba and Lahm into different roles I don't think it's out of the question.

For me no centre backs can be properly judged until they play in a team with a proper defensive structure at the moment all the defending seems last ditch because of lack of cover in front

I'd rather we keep him and give him a decent shot in a sound formation. He's looked great with Vinny, but more often than not has ended up playing with either of the two Argentinian idiot CB's we have and Kolarov to his left. Team selection has made him look far worse than he actually has been.

Liverpool game aside mind you.

I'd rather we keep him and give him a decent shot in a sound formation. He's looked great with Vinny, but more often than not has ended up playing with either of the two Argentinian idiot CB's we have and Kolarov to his left. Team selection has made him look far worse than he actually has been.

Liverpool game aside mind you.

Curious as to why you refer to them as idiots. Agree about Kolo being a problem for him though

He should be given until the end of the season. If he still seems error prone then he'll be surplus to requirements once Denayer and one or two of Laporte and Stones come in.

Well he was City's best player against Utd. But it could be said that that is damning him with faint praise.
Agree with the sentiment about seeing a defender in a defensive setting.we stopped defending well last season.

Curious as to why you refer to them as idiots. Agree about Kolo being a problem for him though

They are idiots because they can't defend without flying to ground or running 20 yards out of position. Mangala gets a horrible time from city fans but has always looked great with Vinny. The other two on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.