Can the wounded animal beat PSG?

I think beating PSG would just show how damn unpredictable this team is.
I tend to agree. Also this competition is full of examples of sides which after winning their domestic title early and resting up waiting for tired opponents actually find that they don't have the intensity required for a high octane battle. If we can somehow put it up to them early in the away match we might have some joy. However, start slowly or do something stupid in the first 20 minutes and it could be a long night. I think the second leg could be very interesting if we are still in with a shout and the players and crowd are really up for it. Dream on?

nope. i'd rather choose for consistency rather than wounded animal. we can't score goal and our defend is a comedy.
we have yet to win against top 6 club in the league, and now dreaming beating PSG? get real.
not under inept and clueless Pellegrini.
this match will be another experiment from old senile to prove Bony can score goal, and Demichelis can still play in high level match.
feck him.
We can dream if we want to. I accept that we are underdogs in this tie and PSG were clearly the better side over twqo legs against Chelsea who are currently in much better form than we are. But football is a strange game and they are nowhere near as good as Barcelona (who would probably beat is by 2/3 goals over the two legs) and we have imo a good punchers chance if we can put it up to them early doors in Paris. So go away and don't be so negative.

KDB, Nasri & Delph being fit gives City a much better chance. They should be 100% by the 2nd leg. I really hope we park the bus & frustrate in the 1st game. It's not the City way but it makes perfect sense.
1) Nasri is not available
2) Counter-attack. I think we're capable of beating them away, or getting a draw. It's a one-off tie and the pressure is on them. They shaded the Chelsea tie but Chelsea could easily have gone through and Chelsea lost Hazard and Costa when the 2nd leg was in the balance.

Funny that a PSG fan came on here to say that their manager is too predictable - wait until you see Manuel!

True.
As i told you before I didn t see many city s games this season but I hope pellegrini will make a tactic fail against us ;-) . Our tactic is very linked to the talent of verratti. Without him thiago motta is easily under pressure with only rabiot and matuidi to help him in the midfield.
In the only 2 games we lost this season, against Lyon and Monaco ( both matches were close CL games) putting pressure on the midfield was a success ( for Monaco it was pressure + luck).
Laurent Blanc isn t a bad coach imho but he is quite ...conservative : same XI, first sub at 60' (cavani for lucas... Or Lucas for cavani)

1) Nasri is not available
2) Counter-attack. I think we're capable of beating them away, or getting a draw. It's a one-off tie and the pressure is on them. They shaded the Chelsea tie but Chelsea could easily have gone through and Chelsea lost Hazard and Costa when the 2nd leg was in the balance.
Oops. Forgot Nasri..ta. I agree City are more than capable of beating PSG. If we play the normal way we are open to conceding. Counter attack could work but feel we'd then be open to the same tactic. If we don't concede in Paris it'll make for a very exciting 2nd leg. Up the blues :-)

True.
As i told you before I didn t see many city s games this season but I hope pellegrini will make a tactic fail against us ;-) . Our tactic is very linked to the talent of verratti. Without him thiago motta is easily under pressure with only rabiot and matuidi to help him in the midfield.
In the only 2 games we lost this season, against Lyon and Monaco ( both matches were close CL games) putting pressure on the midfield was a success ( for Monaco it was pressure + luck).
Laurent Blanc isn t a bad coach imho but he is quite ...conservative : same XI, first sub at 60' (cavani for lucas... Or Lucas for cavani)
City are fading fast, but De Bruyne is back and he has been our best player this season. I don't think he will be back to his best after a long injury absence but it is a psychological boost for City

City have the same core group of players we have had for 5 years during which time we have been the best team in the Premier league. The squad is if anything stronger this season but we have one big weakness: Toure. All the best teams beat City because they can keep the ball and press when City have it, and it's like playing with ten men with Toure. We only need to replace one player but the coach wont see it and nothing will happen until he goes. It's a Cup game so anything can happen. Watch out for City at set-pieces. If De Bruyne is back, he has a great cross on him.

The way PSG have strolled to the French title , they may just underestimate us , the chavs were still in the game until the last half hour of the last 16 tie , and although MP has took a lot of sh*t this season , and desevedly so , he has a knack of getting underdogs to the latter stages of this competition , dont write the old fool off , yet

The way PSG have strolled to the French title , they may just underestimate us , the chavs were still in the game until the last half hour of the last 16 tie , and although MP has took a lot of sh*t this season , and desevedly so , he has a knack of getting underdogs to the latter stages of this competition , dont write the old fool off , yet

I agree. I get a cocky vibe from them, but maybe I'm just looking at Zlatan. If they really will be without Verratti, Di Maria and Pastore than that is a huge bonus for us. Add to that bringing KDB back into the mix, I think we'll see the usual three man midfield we've used in Europe with both Ferns and Yaya and Merlin, Kun, and Kev in front of them. We can do this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.