Dentists

PSmyth07

Hey,

After neglecting my choppers for too long I need to get then sorted and Ive been embarrassed to go to the dentists. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Also, I think I might need 2 crowns, I know its in band 3. If I get both crowns will I have to pay it twice? (the £230(ish))

If it's significant work that needs doing I'd suggest going abroad for it due to the extra cost over here for the same thing. Family and friends have had superb work done at a vastly reduced price for the sake of a few hours research online for a decent dentist and a cheap flight to Turkey

If it's significant work that needs doing I'd suggest going abroad for it due to the extra cost over here for the same thing. Family and friends have had superb work done at a vastly reduced price for the sake of a few hours research online for a decent dentist and a cheap flight to Turkey

Root canals and crowns would be the worst case I think but I might get away with a couple of white fillings and a cap.

I guess going for a consultation first would be beneficial.

There was a dentist called Smith, I think, on Hyde Road, Gorton. He was a bastard. Would press so hard with the drill it would grind to a halt.

That was in the early 70's so he's probably gone now. So no need to panic.

I used to go to the dentist hospital near royal college of Northern music , worth a look

Last edited:
After neglecting my chopper for too long I need to get it sorted and I've been embarrassed to go to the dentists and ask the the receptionist........

There was an interesting short series on BBC I think about neglected teeth and it seems az lot can be done. Fizzy drinks are a major cause of dental problems so I am sticking to real ale.

Used to love fizzy drinks but I've slowly fazed them out due to getting sensitive teeth. All I drink now is water and weirdly I don't enjoy a fizzy drink anymore. Fuck knows how much damage they do to your teeth, but I can feel the difference when I've had one.

Hey,

After neglecting my choppers for too long I need to get then sorted and Ive been embarrassed to go to the dentists. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Also, I think I might need 2 crowns, I know its in band 3. If I get both crowns will I have to pay it twice? (the £230(ish))

Yes, you will pay for each one.

I recently took someone to the dental hospital and asked about this on his behalf, if it's emergency treatment you need you'll get seen the same day (as long as you're there by 07.30),
if it's more cosmetic work from the students you want then you're looking at a minimum 2 year wait, seems everyone else is thinking the same thing.
they did say, if you can get a letter from your GP saying your teeth are causing physical or psychological problems you will get seen sooner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.