Champions League anthem PSG home

If I was a player I'd hate it. You're concentrating on the game, getting focused on one of the biggest matches of the season, and then your own fans launch into a storm of boos to make a point about football politics. A protest is important when something special's happened (ticket price protest, the first time we booed the anthem, minute's silence, etc.). But this booing is old news. Are we going to boo the UEFA anthem for the rest of time?

If I was a player I'd think - "why do the fans care about this more than about creating a great atmosphere to play in?" Players want to play well, they don't care about this shit, it's a distraction.
I disagree. The players have publicly commented on the booing, not a single one has mentioned it's negative effects on their performance. In the last 9 Champions League games we've won 5, drawn 2 and lost 2. It's clearly not a damning correlation between booing/losing.

On the flip side of your point, if what you're saying is correct and the highest level athletes in the world can't maintain focus because of a noise (that takes place before they've started to perform), why would it negatively affect our players and not the away team? Our players know what's coming, they have experienced it previously and expect it. PSG don't, it might take them by surprise. I'm sure Zlatan and co don't read into British fan culture much!

Just as a matter of interest, who do you support mate?
Lets revert to the lazy "who do you support" typical bluemooner retort when the elephant in the room is raised. I sat there against Kiev with the 10000 empty seats the only emotion from the crowd that night was when the anthem was played. I bet quite a few of the superfans on this thread were not there that night, only on here could you get stick for suggesting we get behind the team.

Lets revert to the lazy "who do you support" typical bluemooner retort when the elephant in the room is raised. I sat there against Kiev with the 10000 empty seats the only emotion from the crowd that night was when the anthem was played. I bet quite a few of the superfans on this thread were not there that night, only on here could you get stick for suggesting we get behind the team.
No it's not lazy
You may not realise but I'm a moderator on the forum and so my question is genuine.

The fact that you haven't answered the question and come back with the usual Wumming clap trap speaks volumes about you. So I will ask again, who do you support?

PS
I was there for kiev at home, and for the away game too, and all the games from the Moscow debacle that I didn't attend. I boo their stupid little jingle because I had mates who forked out hundreds to go to the Moscow game and were denied access because the home team are racists. UEFA should punish the racists but instead some of them were allowed in whilst our guys weren't. To top it off they were allowed to come over here to watch the game in some sick joke.

Last edited:
Boo that bastard anthem then sing your hearts out for the lads. We can be 12th man tonight. And don't forget to tell Zlatan he's a shit Wifred Bony!

MP Says keep doing, I'm gonna do it even louder then sing my heart out, it'll be more unnerving for the PSG players who are met with a crescendo of Boo's just before it starts,

First time i,ll agree with Pellers..BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the sing like FK

Do you think that booing will in anyway affect the decision making from higher powers?

Just a thought, that Uefa won't want their showpiece final to be beamed around the world and loud boo's echoing over their cherished little jingle. Is it possible they will try to influence in anyway making sure we don't make it to the final?

I'm all for booing it, especially if the manager and players want it too, was just thinking out loud.....

I also think the atmosphere tonight will be electric!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.