McPointyman - The Evidence

adrian_chiles_hair-463531.jpg
Bloody hell, I thought Benny Hill had died in the early 90s. Maybe if they had Chiles' Angels at half time, it would improve things at ITV. Oh, and Danny Mills would be an ideal stand-in for Jackie Wright.

Last edited:
Best of all was the indignation they all had because Pellegrini wouldn't play Yaya from the start.

Fuck all to do with them caring about us and everything to do with them knowing it was the correct decision and didn't weaken us on the night, making it that much more difficult for their newly adopted French maestro's.

I enjoyed that. Poor Wio not understanding.... Worked though, so sod him.

The funny thing is, MacManaman said that shit, then at the end of the game he said "it was a pleasure to be here on a night like this"!

I think he's schizophrenic

This could sound hypocritical as I wasn't in attendance but I was genuinely disappointed with the,alleged,noise levels we were generating,it sounded very flat,very uninspiring,and not at all in keeping with the occasion.....which was strange to witness.
After that clip and from the evidence of those that went.....I'm now of the impression that BT must be somehow responsible for such a false impression.

I guess it's just where the mike's are placed... something as simple as that! Some old grounds the noise stays in a lot better than at the Etihad - where all but the south stand have noise absorbing material as was required for athletics use (as crowd noise negatively impacts athlete's performance). I remember going to the swamp and it was the 4-3 game and we were making a racket all game, especially of course when we got the third goal. (let's ignore what happened in fergie time). Watched it back on TV having felt the rags were pathetic as usual all game, but the tv sound made it seem as if they were making a racket and you could faintly hear the odd City song. I assume their mikes are in front of the Stretford End.

I think proof is in the pudding - I've seen the quote from the live reporter at the game talking of a "wall of noise" from the city fans. It wasn't relentless but it was decent at times!

No

Paddy is just a sad ****, a pissed up, washed up sad old ****, one that is annoying, irritating ****. But he's not King of the Cunts.

Steeeevieee is the King no doubt.

Remember his debut for us? He played like Messi, then ever game after he played like the **** he is and was.

All I remember him doing for us is warming up! Seemed to forever be injured and then make the bench, run up and down warming up and then get injured again.

Even my wife commented on this. She never watches the football with me and always has her head buried in the housewives of somewhere or other on her tablet when i have it on.
But on Tuesday she lifted her head and said, hang on they just said theres a record attendance and now that bloke is saying theres loads of empty seats. Why are the people on tv always so negative about city?
For her to notice something about the football it must be getting obvious!

I guess it's just where the mike's are placed... something as simple as that! Some old grounds the noise stays in a lot better than at the Etihad - where all but the south stand have noise absorbing material as was required for athletics use (as crowd noise negatively impacts athlete's performance). I remember going to the swamp and it was the 4-3 game and we were making a racket all game, especially of course when we got the third goal. (let's ignore what happened in fergie time). Watched it back on TV having felt the rags were pathetic as usual all game, but the tv sound made it seem as if they were making a racket and you could faintly hear the odd City song. I assume their mikes are in front of the Stretford End.

I think proof is in the pudding - I've seen the quote from the live reporter at the game talking of a "wall of noise" from the city fans. It wasn't relentless but it was decent at times!

Sorry, I'm on the agendaist side. I'm in 115 and was there on the night and it was certainly one of the best CL nights atmosphere wise. We could hear singing all around the ground, even the family stand. When we were in the family stand last season, playing Bayern at home, we could see Scholes was in the box commentating, when Bayern were attacking and scored they opened the window
and closed them again when we scored. I appreciate there are mikes everywhere, and haven't a clue what was said on the night, but was told that we were 'quiet' by a friend watching on TV. Whilst we won't match the German noise, and rocking their stands, we were by no means quiet.

Is there actually a UK football braodcaster that anyone likes?

If so who and why?

No if I'm being honest.

Tired cliché after cliché with very little professionalism or knowledge of the game on show I'm afraid from them all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.