Well done boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva and Nasri?

he should have played Fernandinho. Dropped Yaya and used him at home to Stoke. Tonight was always going to be frenetic.

Not to cause an arguement. But had Pellegrini played Fernandinho again, expected him to do all the midfield work again and he got an injury and missed both Real games, would you have slated him? Arguably Stoke at home will be harder.

Whilst Delph was a shambles at left wing, the players own individual performances and professionalism were frankly abysmal.
Six months ago we could and would and probably should have put that down to the manager. Now though with 6 max 7 games to go, these players should be busting a gut to earn their spot in the semi final.
Whilst we can all point fingers at the manager and what we'd do differently. I'd have personally played Delph and Fernando and Ihneacho and De Bruyne interchanging between left and central.
However one things for sure, we should all expect a much better performance from our players. Newcastle had players out of position, injuries but they despite an obvious lack of quality were battling for their Premiership lives.
Did it look like City players were battling for their spot in a Champions league semi final? To secure top 4? Not to me.

Pellegrini is not perfect, hence him being sacked, but yet again many fans are blaming him for the actions of the players.

One fan even mentions full squad and reverting to type. Once again asides from a left footed midfielder being asked to play a little wider and more advanced every single player was in their preferred position. The players let us down last night.

Then Pellers has still done well during his time here. One trophy and the furthest in CL history. 5 points clear of 5th. Significant injuries all season. Not the worst year that everyone seems to believe. Even if you don't like him or his tactics...he still has been essential to growing the club to where it is today and deserves some respect.
But the enjoyment factor has completely been wrung out of the performances this season, so much so that most of us want it over ASAP.

City v other top 7 clubs - 3 points from 33

Newcastle v the same 6 - 11 points
Norwich v the same - 7 points
Sunderland v the same - 5 points
Villa v the same - 2 points
Only Villa with less !!!!!

Sums it up for me
A fookin abomination!!

I don't know what this means. I do know that Pellegrini has (deliberate choice of words) fucked over our youth prospects for the sake of playing his favourites. Lopes sold for £9m so we could buy a player for £49m who is half the player. Bony constantly picked over Kelechi. Denayer fucked off to Turkey after being promised a place in the 1st team squad. Never a start for Manu Garcia. In the meanwhile we lose the derby at home where the winning goal is scored by a United kid who runs past a Pellegrini favourite, Demechelis, while our young centre halves never get a look in.

I could overlook the crap performances and results. I can't overlook the blind prejudice against youth.

You know he isn't responsible for Denayer or Lopes going right? He certainly isn't responsible for Sterling. I guess he's the £49 (£44) million player you are referring too? Are you honestly suggesting that a manager with a year left is likely to make such decissions? You think ANY manager in the game would ignore a £44 million player to play a youngster? A £44 million player that was signed not by him but by his boss. Lopes by the way, has been utter shit, Monaco have now fucked him off.

Denayer was a poor decision in hindsight, whoever made it. But had Kompany, Mangala and Zabaleta been fit all season he'd have got no where. As it turns out, he may have got decent opportuntity, but then again he's spent most of the season injured. He's started about 8 games.

I agree, Iheanacho is much better than Bony. I personally think Pellegrini would agree, vs PSG when Aguero was down, it was Iheanacho that he sent to warm up. For whatever reason Bony is getting minutes, I don't believe it's because anyone let alone a manager who's said he'd like to take Kelechi with him would believe it to be the case that he's better or more dangerous.

If Pellegrini were to ever write a book, a tell all, I bet they'd be some interesting chapters on how City are ran and the freedom he had.

Not to cause an arguement. But had Pellegrini played Fernandinho again, expected him to do all the midfield work again and he got an injury and missed both Real games, would you have slated him? Arguably Stoke at home will be harder.

Whilst Delph was a shambles at left wing, the players own individual performances and professionalism were frankly abysmal.
Six months ago we could and would and probably should have put that down to the manager. Now though with 6 max 7 games to go, these players should be busting a gut to earn their spot in the semi final.
Whilst we can all point fingers at the manager and what we'd do differently. I'd have personally played Delph and Fernando and Ihneacho and De Bruyne interchanging between left and central.
However one things for sure, we should all expect a much better performance from our players. Newcastle had players out of position, injuries but they despite an obvious lack of quality were battling for their Premiership lives.
Did it look like City players were battling for their spot in a Champions league semi final? To secure top 4? Not to me.

Pellegrini is not perfect, hence him being sacked, but yet again many fans are blaming him for the actions of the players.

One fan even mentions full squad and reverting to type. Once again asides from a left footed midfielder being asked to play a little wider and more advanced every single player was in their preferred position. The players let us down last night.

The attitude of the players is a direct reflection of the people in charge and specifically the manager. Right now no one is busting a gut for anything but the SF with Real especially the manager given he will not be here next season. So no, no one was battling to secure top 4. We are hoping to nick a top 4 spot without jeopardizing the SF games. I am not a big fan of Pellers but I get the position he is in.

You can blame the players as opposed to the manager or you can blame both but to be honest with that SF looming closer to see everyone go through the motions and Pellers playing players to get some match fitness back or resting our key midfield player Fern 1 I can't say I was surprised. We just didn't want to be there last night and it showed.

You know he isn't responsible for Denayer or Lopes going right? He certainly isn't responsible for Sterling. I guess he's the £49 (£44) million player you are referring too? Are you honestly suggesting that a manager with a year left is likely to make such decissions? You think ANY manager in the game would ignore a £44 million player to play a youngster? A £44 million player that was signed not by him but by his boss. Lopes by the way, has been utter shit, Monaco have now fucked him off.

Denayer was a poor decision in hindsight, whoever made it. But had Kompany, Mangala and Zabaleta been fit all season he'd have got no where. As it turns out, he may have got decent opportuntity, but then again he's spent most of the season injured. He's started about 8 games.

I agree, Iheanacho is much better than Bony. I personally think Pellegrini would agree, vs PSG when Aguero was down, it was Iheanacho that he sent to warm up. For whatever reason Bony is getting minutes, I don't believe it's because anyone let alone a manager who's said he'd like to take Kelechi with him would believe it to be the case that he's better or more dangerous.

If Pellegrini were to ever write a book, a tell all, I bet they'd be some interesting chapters on how City are ran and the freedom he had.

With reference to this playing Sterling instead of 'youth' or not ignoring a £44m player in favour of 'youth' or in the previous quoted post Pellers and his blind prejudice against 'youth' can someone remind me again how old Sterling is or did I miss a couple of years and he is now a seasoned veteran in his mid twenties?

Seriously the lack of logic or joined up reasoning when it comes to some players or managers would be worrying if it weren't so fucking funny.

If one or two people who work for you are demotivated, that can be out of your control. Everyone goes through things in their personal and professional life that can result in a drop off in performance.

But whatever the industry, football, fast food, banking, whatever, if the majority of the workers are demotivated, it is the management's fault.

If the recruitment was wrong to begin with, and you've got a load of "bad eggs" that makes the manager's job harder. But it's still the manager's responsibility to learn how to motivate each individual, find out what makes each person tick, that's what man management is.

If there is a general complacency, lack of motivation, dissatisfaction, sulking or whatever, if it is affecting the whole group, it is absolutely 100% a management issue.

Managing a football team is not like a computer game where you select the players with the best statistics to play in their best positions. It's a little more complex than that. You have to manage men. Rich, successful men. Men with huge drive, huge ego's.

It must be an enormously difficult job, I don't envy Pellegrini, or any other manager having to deal with it day to day. But the point remians, if our gross underachievement in the league the last two seasons is down to a lack of motivation in the players, then the manager is directly responsible. It's his fault.

We're infected by personal glory, over the club's own.

For some, they know it's the end, for the likes of Pellegrini, it's about enhancing their own CV.

Top four will be secondary to 'their' occasion.

Pellegrini has grasped for excuses all season, and his citing of Pep's arrival (he announced it btw) as another reason for our failings is yet another kop put.

No hint of irony, having had our arses served by so many teams beforehand.

I see the injury predictors are out in force. Play your strongest team, your team that's winning and is full of confidence, very simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.