Jehovas Witnesses

Me too.

My teenage years I moved to my fathers because my mum didn't give a fuck. He became a witness after she left him. The so called years of teenage experimentation were banned (unless you are an Kingdom Hall elder). Wasn't allowed girlfriends, was banned from performing at the Edinburgh festival with a drama group I joined "because it was offensive to the religion". Every time I did something wrong I was called a liar and an embarrassment. He then met his now wife who decided I wasn't spiritual enough so kicked me out along with a letter saying I will always be a lazy,lonely person and can't wait for Armageddon to take me. The only common thing I have with my dad is City and now he refuses to come to matches with me. Taken me 5 years of councilling to forgive my mum and tell my dad he's a **** for forcing me to miss out on so much in life. I'm 38 years old and still playing catch up. The last time he spoke to me was to say ignore the false allegation of nonceing about to come out on (Ironically) a BBC documentary.

A truly fucked up cult. Which still affects me now and still trying to get rid of its influence.

Thats fucking tragic mate, hope you get where your going.

I had a conversation with them at my door once. When I told them I was a huge fan of Charles Darwin and his theory of evolution one of them said, but that's it, it's just a theory. To which I replied, but what you believe is just a pile of shit someone made up in their imagination. Safe to say the conversation ended at that point

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

they can stand in town with there book stand all day next to homeless people and I never once seen them offer then a cup of tea or food to those on the street. Not very christian of them really.

So you made a point of watching them all day just to be able to illustrate their uncharitable behaviour?

Did you have nothing better to do with your time?

no was sat outside pic tap for about 4 hrs with some friends and they were next door outside the noodle shop just stood there. Only saying would it not be better going round town helping peole and getting jesus's message across through good will than standing static with a book in hand and being ignored by passers by. Jehovas witnesses I have nowt against them personally each to their own though them annoying mormons harassing me on buses and train that get on my tits

As with other religions that have at their heart a god who gives us free will and then is happy to condemn a person to a life in damnation/hell for making a couple of poor choices in the belief department it's bollocks.

I am from a Christian family. My dad was so confident and knowledgeable in his Christian faith, that he would invite them in and destroy their arguments with their own scriptures. They eventually blacklisted our house.

The pastor from my dad's church in Timperley visited Kingdom Hall a few days before their forecast end of the earth. He asked if he could have their building the day after the end of the world. Needless to say, they didn't have the courage of their convictions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Always good to hear about somebody with a ridiculous mythical belief having one over on someone else with an equally ridiculous mythical belief.

'Religious top trumps' I think it's called.

About 20 years ago I did a 4 month gig door to door selling in the US, a lovely family invited me in, gave me a cold drink a seat on the lounge and a piece of cake and listened to my spiel. They then politely declined to buy the books I was selling and said they had something to talk to me about. I then got a good 45 minute talk about it all. I couldn't run they had been so nice

I am from a Christian family. My dad was so confident and knowledgeable in his Christian faith, that he would invite them in and destroy their arguments with their own scriptures. They eventually blacklisted our house.

The pastor from my dad's church in Timperley visited Kingdom Hall a few days before their forecast end of the earth. He asked if he could have their building the day after the end of the world. Needless to say, they didn't have the courage of their convictions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.