Vincent Kompany 2015/16 performances

what would you do with Yaya?

Let me start off by saying that Yaya Toure is a freak of nature.

I've had the opportunity to work with footballers in the youth, high school, university, professional, and professional "elite" levels; and I can easily say that Yaya belongs in the same genetic, physical "elite" category as Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, Brasilian Ronaldo et al. His proprioceptive awareness, vision, and timing is rivaled by few others. What separates him from C. Ronaldo and Messi is his physical/nutritional management and discipline.

With regards to Yaya, I feel that his trainers, physios, physicians, dietitians, et al may not have accommodated to the changes brought upon by normal aging. Generally speaking, when people are younger, we don't always have to "play by the rules" regarding stretching and training when not participating in competitive sports. We can get away with eating "junk food" a lot of times and still be able to perform well on the field. We can stay up all night with minimal sleep and still perform well the next day. Unfortunately, as we get older, that "margin of error" afforded to us by youth decreases and begins to go away; forcing us to now have to "play by the rules:"

-Stretching and using myofascial foam rollers/balls to perform "recovery" work after exercising or games
-Eating properly and avoiding those foodstuffs that release more free radicals that accelerate the aging and weakening of our cells
-Hydrating sufficiently to flush out our bodies and to promote that much needed healthy aqueous environment in our bodies
-Sleeping sufficiently so that those recovery hormones released only by "deep sleep" are triggered and allowed to help our bodies recover
-Ensuring that we don't gain body mass; and, in fact, lose body mass as we age because our joints are older and that losing of mass will help them function longer and with less stress

Many here on the forum have talked about how Yaya looks "a stone heavier" and looks sluggish, slower. I feel that his training regimen, recovery work, diet and lifestyle needs a "shake up" so that he can regain some of his "elite" abilities and use them for another 1-2 years. I believe that Kun Aguero did such a "shake up" last year when he consulted with Martin DeMichelis' medical adviser/dietitian, and was able to recover from his injury plagued season. Wasn't it only this season that DeMichelis' age finally "caught up with him?" Otherwise, he was able to buy himself time via nutrition, recovery work and discipline.

all our big name players never missed a chance to travel half way around the world for meaningless matches half the time,and they now look they are knackerd a couple of years before their time ,lets hope the next generation learn that little lesson

all our big name players never missed a chance to travel half way around the world for meaningless matches half the time,and they now look they are knackerd a couple of years before their time ,lets hope the next generation learn that little lesson

They are all very patriotic.

That's why we need more British players in the squad. They don't give a flying fuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.