GMP apologise for shouting "Allahu Akbar" during terror drill

I don't think the play would cause offence if nobody mentioned what religion they were. Unless you could make the assumption by what clothes they're wearing.
That would probably just prompt someone to post a YouTube clip of a white englishman throwing half a brick in the general direction of a house that has a woman in it and claim that we're no better.

Does making the video public make us safer?

Or does it offend some people, make others unduly scared and frankly show off to potential terrorists what an absolute piece of piss it would be to attack the Trafford Centre?

The problem here isn't what they said, but that they decided for some strange reason that it would be clever to invite the Evening News down to film it! A ridiculous decision.

I find it baffling that anyone serious about prevention of terrorism can have a problem with this.

Surely it's better for the general public to understand and be made aware of the importance placed on evacuation techniques, and the testing of such techniques? The 'behind closed doors' approach only really benefits one group of people - those who like to decry the efforts of the police and anti-terrorism squads after any major terrorist act. Choosing ignorance over knowledge, in the context of terrorism, is quite a dangerous path to tread.

Dodging the question again. How does allowing it to be filmed and publicised benefit public safety? How many lives will be saved that wouldn't have been saved if the exercise was kept secret?
I'll have a go. None. Publicising the film is also wrong, some people are sensitive and all aspects of this will scare some people, however, an attack of this kind is a very real risk and probably imminent.

Emergency services need to train to the very realistic conditions that are possible. We are not ready for an attack on this scale because of reduced funding.

I will be attending an an incident if on duty of this magnitude. It's a very different incident to what I am normally used to. I want to be as well prepared for this as I would be running into a fire or cutting a person out of a car.

It's good for the public to know that the services are trained to the best possible standard to reduce large numbers of deaths when an attack occurs.

As for the shouting, it's very real that the recent attacks have been Muslim related, that's not racist/or calling religion, it's fact. A little too much sensitivity there in my opinion.

Last edited:
Irony or on purpose do we think, Mail online:

nx3w35.jpg

It's awful they used a term that can offend, the real Islamic terrorists do it so much better anyway.

I don't think the play would cause offence if nobody mentioned what religion they were. Unless you could make the assumption by what clothes they're wearing.
That would probably just prompt someone to post a YouTube clip of a white englishman throwing half a brick in the general direction of a house that has a woman in it and claim that we're no better.
In that event (a play depicting women being stoned for adultery in, let's say, a really close ally of the U.K. And solely based on religious texts) then I think the religion they adhered to would be fairly focal to the plot actually.

My point (as mentioned before by another poster) is that if Muslim's aren't offended by such things happening in the "Holy Place" (Saudi) then why would they be offended by this?

They should have refused point blank to apologise on account of the fact they were conducting a realistic exercise for the benefit of all creeds and colours that they seek to protect in this city, and refused to take part in the charade where we all have to pretend that the biggest terror threat currently actually does come from the muslim community. Perhaps if the do gooders and hand wringers did a little more to deal with that rather than lambasting the police, then they the Police may not have to conduct such exercises....just a thought.

I'll have a go. None. Publicising the film is also wrong, some people are sensitive and all aspects of this will scare some people, however, an attack of this kind is a very real risk and probably imminent.

Emergency services need to train to the very realistic conditions that are possible. We are not ready for an attack on this scale because of reduced funding.

I will be attending an an incident if on duty of this magnitude. It's a very different incident to what I am normally used to. I want to be as well prepared for this as I would be running into a fire or cutting a person out of a car.

It's good for the public to know that the services are trained to the best possible standard to reduce large numbers of deaths when an attack occurs.

As for the shouting, it's very real that the recent attacks have been Muslim related, that's not racist it's fact. A little too much sensitivity there in my opinion.
Wtf does race have to do with this?
A terrorist could be a white guy who's Muslim.

Sick and tired of seeing people mistakenly associate a religion with race.
I've met many Asian people who are Christian.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.