1894 Group - the summer and beyond

Softlad is right with regards to a drum. It solves the two main problems we have at home. The first being songs dying out before they get going, a beating drum woul encourage songs to be sung for longer an secondly and most importantly it would provide a bit of tempo to our songs. I'm sick and tired of every song turning into a race to get it finished. Songs finish quicker than the staddium empties at 85 minutes. A drum would solve both these problems but unfortunately it's seen as artificial and isn't deemed cool enough. Most people that are against the idea of a drum ddon't actually have any valid reason why they're against it other than "it's cringey"

With regards to the 1894 lads. Good effort this season, keep it up and if i can make a suggestion, less of the "never felt more like singing the blues" song when it's not appropriate please i.e when we're not winning and/or United haven't lost.

the 1894 mob are doing a great job and I'll be donating. Since the stadium opened and all the singers got split up, last year saw the first concerted effort to get the noisy people back together. It's some achievement to get the club involved and it isn't going to happen over night and will need a couple more years of moving around but it will improve.

what would help is if the club stopped all the cheese before the game. Hearing some kid - or worse a grown man - squeal "come on City" over the screen makes me want to jump off my tier. They should just let the atmosphere build by keeping the tannoy low and playing decent music and turn the fucker off 5 minutes before kick off.

I don't think our slow style of play keeps the crowd up so playing with a bit of tempo will help.

As for a drum or any other musical instruments for that matter - no thank you. Constant drumming is incredibly fucking annoying and is as likely to see the drummer wearing his drum with his sticks up his arse than to get everyone singing. And as for that England band...........

Has anyone got Gareth Malone's number?

Drums are dead annoying. Bells on the other hand are top quality. Not sure I follow this logic.

The English are always very English (unsurprisingly) in that they hate learning things from Europe. Drumming and tifos work all over Europe and create a great atmosphere with a lions den atmosphere for visiting players and fans. Not only that but the club with the best atmosphere in the country, Crystal Palace, have a drum banging most of the game and somehow they've managed not to all be enraged about it.

We should get one.

What do you actually need the money for. May it not be a better idea to draw up a 'want' list and see what City fans ( or the Club/players) can come up with !

Drums are dead annoying. Bells on the other hand are top quality. Not sure I follow this logic.

The English are always very English (unsurprisingly) in that they hate learning things from Europe. Drumming and tifos work all over Europe and create a great atmosphere with a lions den atmosphere for visiting players and fans. Not only that but the club with the best atmosphere in the country, Crystal Palace, have a drum banging most of the game and somehow they've managed not to all be enraged about it.

We should get one.

There's plenty on here that would be good at banging it

More people need to actually sing!
I'm in 315 same as a previous poster.
I sing and so do a handful of others in my vicinity (11th row up) and there's a little group at the back who try to get things going.
Bar that, the vast majority do not sing at all and certainly not when we're behind or not doing so well!
We're constantly outsung by far fewer away fans up there because mostly they all sing!

To give a bit of further perspective, Leicester had a decent atmosphere all season (for an obvious reason), but they were clapping / hitting those fan things all around the ground. Even that gave out a decent rhythm and atmosphere and gets people going.

I'm clearly in the "drum in" camp, but don't see why we don't just give it a go, than dismiss it out of hand as uncool.

I'm not down for an England style band, maybe just one or two drums at the back of the tier to help people get going. It works.

More people need to actually sing!
I'm in 315 same as a previous poster.
I sing and so do a handful of others in my vicinity (11th row up) and there's a little group at the back who try to get things going.
Bar that, the vast majority do not sing at all and certainly not when we're behind or not doing so well!
We're constantly outsung by far fewer away fans up there because mostly they all sing!

^^^
thats all we need - more people singing. Having been in the lower south stand a fair few times its so frustrating as the majority dont sing. we need the right type of people in the stand to get it going, its strange because a few years ago most people did sing in the south stand

^^^
thats all we need - more people singing. Having been in the lower south stand a fair few times its so frustrating as the majority dont sing. we need the right type of people in the stand to get it going

Well that's obviously true, but I think the point on the drum thing is that it will help co-ordinate people and they'll be more likely to sing. This has worked across hundreds of fanbases across Europe and even a few already in this country.

The problem isn't that we've got no singers. We've got tens of thousands of them. We've got no song starters. Everybody will join in once they hear a song get going but nobody wants to be the one man band who is singing on his own like a lunatic. The drumbeat also provides this too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.