1894 Group - the summer and beyond

We as fans have let ourselves down this year, we need to up our game, you never know it might just get more out of the team.
I was embarrassed by the empty seats at the end of the Arsenal game, no other team relegated sides included will leave the pitch to such a poor reception.

I thought it showed a bit of class. Cheeky buggers expecting us to hang around 15 minutes when we thought the rags would finish above us. No chance.

A drum is what is needed to get everyone going together at the same time, but for some reason a lot of people are against it.

But, keep up the good work with the displays lads.
Drums at the footy are incredibly annoying. Everytime the foreign fans come with their same drum beats and same songs as each other, about fifteen minutes into games I've completely had enough of the drumming. Last time Bayern some I spent 5 minutes moaning at them and chanting "can you sing without your drum?" as it was driving me up the wall!

*bang ba bang bang, bang ba bang bang, bang ba bang bang* with a load of "woah"s "oah"s "ole ole"s and "der der der"s is not a good atmosphere!

I applaud all these efforts and here are a few requests from me.

1) Can we have a few more simpler songs that all can join in? Half the fans don' tknow the lyrics of half of these songs- the Mario one was an example and also the Zabba one.

Once you start these all the times they are hard to catch on but City, City, Come on City are all easy for all to join in

What is wrong with shouting City repeated with clapping- we used to sing that. Half the Kippax used to do that at the start of a game.
We love you City with clapping -
You are my City

2) can't the club stop the annoying tannoy 10 mins before kick off. A bit of vocal banter with the away fans then a huge "bring on the champions" and then the boys in blue as the team comes out

3) The Etihad should be a City fortress not just a football ground but our ground where we go to give ourselves to our team and club. Get rid of the idiot presenters and get former players or proper presenters to do it, interview ex players on the pitch, have a quick 5 a side with the opposition ex players. Forget the cheesy play for you videos but just show them with the goals etc- that used to bring a limp to my throat- in other words make it completely City focussed - so we can build up the atmosphere. Fucking interview Anfy Morrison or the Goat or Uwe or Lakey etc a few minutes before kick off and get the chants and cheers going. Why would the club not support this if presented to them?

4) give the family stand clapping things and let them make a noise

God help us, clappy things & drums.....that day comes & it's the last game I'll be at.
At no point did I advocate the flappy things, but was trying to point out that once you get a good rhythm going around the ground (however it's started) it's a lot easier to build an atmosphere from that.

We start as fans, belt out a few songs in about 3 minutes and that's it for the rest of the game.

I'm only purveying my thoughts, I think the 1894 group have the right idea and do a good job but we need to kickstart an atmosphere PDQ and tifos and a split singing section ain't changing that.

But Drums are cheesy so hey ho.

I'd suggest that if an introduction of a drum causes it to be your last time at the Etihad, you need to have a serious think.

At no point did I advocate the flappy things, but was trying to point out that once you get a good rhythm going around the ground (however it's started) it's a lot easier to build an atmosphere from that.

We start as fans, belt out a few songs in about 3 minutes and that's it for the rest of the game.

I'm only purveying my thoughts, I think the 1894 group have the right idea and do a good job but we need to kickstart an atmosphere PDQ and tifos and a split singing section ain't changing that.

But Drums are cheesy so hey ho.

I'd suggest that if an introduction of a drum causes it to be your last time at the Etihad, you need to have a serious think.
Drums aren't cheesy they're fucking annoying & why do we need a rythem going round the ground ? I don't get why you need a constant noise,it's not atmosphere its noise, there's a difference. There have been some fantastic atmospheres at our ground, usually important games with a lot riding on them, we react to what's on the pitch , not some fake atmosphere like in Germany with some bear chested twat on a megaphone telling you when to jump up & down,they're not even watching the game ffs

Drums aren't cheesy they're fucking annoying & why do we need a rythem going round the ground ? I don't get why you need a constant noise,it's not atmosphere its noise, there's a difference. There have been some fantastic atmospheres at our ground, usually important games with a lot riding on them, we react to what's on the pitch , not some fake atmosphere like in Germany with some bear chested twat on a megaphone telling you when to jump up & down,they're not even watching the game ffs

As I said - it's a foundation to build an atmosphere on, not the atmosphere itself. We're not going to agree on this, I get that. I just don't see the harm in trying and would hope of it did happen it would be given a chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.