1894 Group - the summer and beyond

Drums and instruments, please no, never, you heard them mongs and twats at Bolton, Blackburn and that sad sorry state of affairs down at Portsmouth. I walked out of and England game at Wembley and sat in the bar due to the fucking go awful band.

European ultra's, cockwombles with megaphones and choreographed flag waving, no thank you.

However that's just me, sorry Soft lad.

As is your suggestion. What response are you hoping for?
The atmosphere feeds off the play not a drum in this country'.

There's nothing wrong with the players feeding off the atmosphere either.

Silence is what we will get unless we are prepared to get behind the team.

The new singing section needs to be reviewed.

It hasn"t worked bar the odd game.

And it's adversly affected the Kippax corner, which is quieter than it's ever been.

One step forward, 2 steps back in my opinion.

And it's adversly affected the Kippax corner, which is quieter than it's ever been.

Sadly I have to agree with much of this. I think it is great people are trying to do something and the displays and the flags look great but I hardly ever hear the so called singing section make a noise and I am right next to them in SS 119. In my section there are people who do not utter a peep all game.I kid you not they hardly ever stir even when we score. I feel like prodding some of them to see if they are still alive! There are a sprinkling of teenage kids who lark about hardly watching the game too. I have no idea if the atmosphere will ever improve,I think it died the same time as the terraces.

As I s
Drums and instruments, please no, never, you heard them mongs and twats at Bolton, Blackburn and that sad sorry state of affairs down at Portsmouth. I walked out of and England game at Wembley and sat in the bar due to the fucking go awful band.

European ultra's, cockwombles with megaphones and choreographed flag waving, no thank you.

However that's just me, sorry Soft lad.

As I said, no band, but the sorry state of affairs is that the atmosphere at Portsmouth is probably better than the Etihad right now.

I'm sure the 1894 lads will come through, but in my eyes, a lot of people seem to think our atmosphere is ok, when actually it's pretty poor all things considered.

i dont really understand why that is. When I've been in the 'kippax' corner for games like kiev or league games, its as if people are robots, no singing whatsoever, apart from the lads at the back. people just can't be arsed singing anymore. we shouldnt just be relying on the singing section, what's happened to the rest of the south stand.

i dont really understand why that is. When I've been in the 'kippax' corner for games like kiev or league games, its as if people are robots, no singing whatsoever, apart from the lads at the back. people just can't be arsed singing anymore. we shouldnt just be relying on the singing section, what's happened to the rest of the south stand.

I used to stand in 110. It wasn't great all the time, but for the big matches it was rocking. However, there was always plenty of banter with the away fans, regardless of the opposition. TBH, you could hardly ever hear the SS sing when I was stood in the Kippax..The Kippax corner was where most of the vocal support came from. Now it's flipped around. Most of the vocal support now comes from blocks 114, 115, and 116 in the SS. Many of the singers that were in the Kippax have moved over to those 3 blocks in the SS. They have been replaced by quieter fans in the Kippax corner. Sadly the Kippax corner isn't the same as it used to be.

If we need an example of how to create a better atmosphere, and how to organize our singing fans better, Real Madrid and their fans are a good example of how to do it. I'll expand on that Tomorrow.

Many of the singers that were in the Kippax have moved over to those 3 blocks in the SS. They have been replaced by quieter fans in the Kippax corner. Sadly the Kippax corner isn't the same as it used to be.

As someone who helped in the relocation process I can tell you that that isn't necessarily true. I think of the 3 blocks that make up the 'kippax' section there was less then 10 people who relocated into the new singing section. I don't know how many relocated the SSL3 though.

I think the low pricing in SSL3 has caused the biggest change. It's displaced a lot of people who could have been better placed in SSL1.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.