Full Backs?

I think Zabaleta and Kolarov will leave, and will be replaced by either relatively low key signings or academy players (Maffeo and Angelino being the most likely candidates). Can't see us being in for someone like Carvajal.

Even if we were I can't see Madrid selling him Ric

I think Zabaleta and Kolarov will leave, and will be replaced by either relatively low key signings or academy players (Maffeo and Angelino being the most likely candidates). Can't see us being in for someone like Carvajal.
They won't be good enough and a problem position will remain a problem however good Guardiola is. It makes no sense to have Sagna and Clichy as our first choice full backs next year. Neither are good enough on the ball going forward or back, both have lost a yard or two of pace and neither seem the type of defender that Pep will embrace.

They won't be good enough and a problem position will remain a problem however good Guardiola is. It makes no sense to have Sagna and Clichy as our first choice full backs next year. Neither are good enough on the ball going forward or back, both have lost a yard or two of pace and neither seem the type of defender that Pep will embrace.

The problem is that we have finite funds though, and I think he'll see midfield and centre half as the more pressing issues. It's going to take him 3/4 windows to get the squad he wants.

If we were to sign Laporte, Gundogan and Sane (and possibly one other centre mid) then it doesn't leave much money for full backs.

The problem is that we have finite funds though, and I think he'll see midfield and centre half as the more pressing issues. It's going to take him 3/4 windows to get the squad he wants.

If we were to sign Laporte, Gundogan and Sane (and possibly one other centre mid) then it doesn't leave much money for full backs.
Yeah I appreciate that mate, I personally would put the full back positions as a priority. Sagna and Clichy don't seem to me to be equipped to do the job that's needed from them in a hard pressing team.

i knew angelino would be first team if kolarov leaves. Can denayer play rb? or is he lined up to play cb mostly?

is he even in the plans?

What a game of two halves that was...
Liverpool pressed well scored a great goal and were denied one definite pen in the first half. In the second have Sivilla attacked the space left by the over advancing full backs and ripped Liverpool to shreds. Good coach that Umal Emery. Saw what was happening changed it and won

If we don't get two young top quality full backs who can defend and attack - especially overlapping and getting behind the opposition defence then next season is unlikely to be as successful as some people seeming think.

The 3rd and 4th highest priority signings behind a centre mid and a centre half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.