Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are losing like 3 or 4 players with two defenders plus Mascherano..they need and want more defenders. Certainly younger ones.

They have just signed a centre back and if I'm not mistaken didn't they sign a right back last summer( although he could only play from January)
Barca are quite clearly dropping the wage bill by replacing big earners.

Exactly. I highly doubt they'll activate Laporte's release clause.

Any reach why we havent activated his release clause yet?...think it strange....the longer it goes on the more likely other teams show interest. I've even read his current team would like to re-do his current deal to increase the release clause in his contract......Txiki just pay the man!!; )

Any reach why we havent activated his release clause yet?...think it strange....the longer it goes on the more likely other teams show interest. I've even read his current team would like to re-do his current deal to increase the release clause in his contract......Txiki just pay the man!!; )

A good mate of mine said it's related to taxes to do with the release clause.

A good mate of mine said it's related to taxes to do with the release clause.
If I Remember, the release clause is for the player to buy himself out of his contract so we would effectively be paying the money to the player so he would be due tax on it. It would be better for us for Bilbao to accept a fee voluntary without forcing their hand with the release clause. I think.

If I Remember, the release clause is for the player to buy himself out of his contract so we would effectively be paying the money to the player so he would be due tax on it. It would be better for us for Bilbao to accept a fee voluntary without forcing their hand with the release clause. I think.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about this transfer, it's happening and the player already has a verbal agreement to join us. Didn't know if the release clause is met the player essentially buys himself out. That's probably why we got Otamendi less than his release clause so save the hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.